What's new

New iphone 8 question

mike1

Reaction score
OK I just bought an iphone 8, the local AT&T store said they transfered all my contacts and music. The music didn't transfer apparently. I log into itunes for the first time with my new phone, and it gives me the choice of "back up from latest backup" or sign in as "new iphone". Normally I choose "new iphone", but I thought I'd try the backup because of my music. Bam! Worked like a charm. My question is, is there any drawback to NOT having chosen the "new iphone" option? I did noticed that in "photos" there was a new look/layout to it that I lost when I chose the backup option. Can it be signed back in as "new iphone" for the updated looks? Any thoughts?

I always choose back up... for me I like the continuity of what my phone looked like before, the familiarity of it all. That’s why I go back to Apple all of the time is because it just feels right... it’s as if I didn’t leave.

I noticed the change on my iPad when changing from as a new to from backup. For my X I am setting it up as new tomorrow when I pick it up.