What's new

New iPhone 7 feature to whine about. Kleenex out, all.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently, with the onset of winter, your shiny new iPhone is going to be USELESS, since your home button needs skin contact to work.

Now, I have yet to find a pair of gloves that would allow my fingerprint sensor to work, so the point is kind of moot.

Not even in Canada do we nail our gloves to our hands for the entire winter.

TAKE 'EM OFF, Moron!!!

iPhone 7’s new Home button is rendered useless without skin contact, spelling trouble for winter

Frankly, I'm getting a bit tired of the whiners. We have listened to months of whinging about the headphone socket (big deal. Suck it up), poor projected sales (wrong). Now this? Shut up.

They make gloves that allow fingers to slide out already, I am sure we will see many more come winter, at inflated prices

I am pretty sure they even sell gloves that allow you to keep them on and still use the phone. Don't quote me on that. But I swear I have seen them before. Not that they are worth a hoot for real cold weather!!

I am pretty sure they even sell gloves that allow you to keep them on and still use the phone. Don't quote me on that. But I swear I have seen them before. Not that they are worth a hoot for real cold weather!!
Those gloves allow you to use the touchscreen, not Touch ID.

Reactions: 933
First, they got rid of the headphone jack, now they need to have skin contact in order to press the Home Button? I know this is a forum where everything is about the iPhone, and/or other Apple products, but I wish people go with another smartphone rebrand. Maybe Androids.

First, they got rid of the headphone jack, now they need to have skin contact in order to press the Home Button? I know this is a forum where everything is about the iPhone, and/or other Apple products, but I wish people go with another smartphone rebrand. Maybe Androids.
Fingerprint scanners like Touch ID on iPhones and iPads and the scanners on other smart phones require skin contact to work. No fingerprint scanner can work through gloves or mitts.

Fingerprint scanners like Touch ID on iPhones and iPads and the scanners on other smart phones require skin contact to work. No fingerprint scanner can work through gloves or mitts.

That seems unnecessary, since you probably need mittens or gloves for cold weather. Why does Apple think that every human would be okay with their hands in the Winter? That's one question I wish Tim Cook could answer, even though I don't like the guy personally.

This forum is about its members and their best interests. Yes, most of us use Apple equipment but we also use, or have used, equipment from other manufacturers. If a member's wish list seemed to indicate that they'd be better served with an Android device, we would tell them so, and point them in the direction of other forums in our group which exist to serve Android users.

This forum is about its members and their best interests. Yes, most of us use Apple equipment but we also use, or have used, equipment from other manufacturers. If a member's wish list seemed to indicate that they'd be better served with an Android device, we would tell them so, and point them in the direction of other forums in our group which exist to serve Android users.

Well, that might be alright. :/

I haven't tried it yet but before updating, l could answer a call when l had my earpiece in. Like l was listening to music and if a call came l just clicked the button and speak. As l say don't know if this works in iOS 10, though, when the call was over, pressed the earpiece again and music.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Didn't even think about that. You are totally correct. I'll go climb back under my rock now! LOL. [emoji108]

It's not that serious you can use your lock code to unlock your phone I'm pretty sure since there's no headphone jack most of us got Bluetooth headphones that answer calls so it's ok people there's nothing to see here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk