What's new

New iPhone 4S keeps closing out apps and calls

JennieR

Reaction score
I bought an iPhone 4S Friday the 21st and yesterday the 25th it started closing out apps. Then I noticed whenever I was talking on the phone I would lose the person I was talking to for a few seconds. My phone would go back to its regular home page but the little green line would pop up at the top for me to touch and return to phone call. Is there something I can do? I have reset it 3 time and it didn't help.

That is indictive of a home button push. If your iPhone is defective and registering phantom pushes, you should take it back to where you bought it and exchange it for a new one. And make sure they give you a brand new one, not a refurb.

This is what mine is doing! It happens no matter which app Im in. I could be typing a text and in the middle of it, the messaging app will close and go back to home screen. It started two days ago but Ive had it since release day last year. I took it to the store and they wanted to reset but I cant remember my password so we didn't get to do that. However I tried syncing it to my laptop, I reset the network settings, of course I've reset the phone a few times, I left it off for about 30 minutes, but to no avail. I see that JennieR reset the phone 3 times with no luck so does this seem to be a hardware issue?

Yea mine was doing that for a while but it stopped after the reset, not really sure what went on over there, I'm still having issues though, as stupid as this sounds my phone doesn't function properly when I talk to someone while holding the phone on my left ear, always has to be right. Best advice to you is return it if it's still under warranty, if they tell you to reset it and check just let them know you've already tried it.

Well since I had just purchased the 4S I returned it to the store and they gave me a new one. The new works perfectly. One thing I did notice about the defective phone is that the battery would get VERY hot very quick when used.
Hope you guys have good luck with yours.

Well I decided to reset my phone last Saturday and since then it hasn't had the problem. I used iTunes to reset since I couldn't remember the four digit restrictions passcode. I was still able to keep my contacts and most apps but all text messages and pics were gone. Wasn't an issue though because the pics were backed up. Also the apps were reset so had to remember all those passwords to log back in but it works so I'm good.