What's new

new iphone 4, camera won't work?

apollosministry

Reaction score
Got the iphone 4 a few days ago. I took some photos the day I got it but yesterday i tried and it wont even let me hit the RED button on the bottom, cuz its faded so you can't do anything? shutter is there?
I did a hard reset 3-4 times today but still nothing?

any suggestions?

thanks friends!

Dan

This might sound like a dumb question, but have you installed so many apps/games/music/videos onto your device in the past few days that your memory is full?

If that isn't it, i'd almost think it might be best to plug it into iTunes and reinstall iOS from scratch.

EDIT: Actually, from reading around, it seems like it may be a hardware issue.

http://notebooks.com/2010/06/25/iphone-4-camera-issues/

Last edited:
Dave,

Ok, I have installed 20 apps, but some music, no photos or videos!

And I just plugged in iphone and it says I have over 9 gb of space left, so its just a mystery.

I keep trying to restore, but my internet keeps timing out cuz the restore takes forever!

So, is your suggestion, taking it to ATT store and having them replace if this cannot be resolved?

Thank you so much for the suggestions and help!

Dan

This happened to me when i first got the iphone 4, you have to take it in and they'll give you a new one free.

Grr, frustrating, but rather now, then 6 months from now when I have things kinda "set"

thanks

D

apollo, while reading your message, I went to my iPhone 4's default camera and I found no "red button on the bottom." I took a picture, and all is well, but no "red button." Could you clarify with more accurate details?

The red button means your in video mode. Have you tried swiping the slider to the left. There should be a grey camera if in still mode.

EWyatt said:
apollo, while reading your message, I went to my iPhone 4's default camera and I found no "red button on the bottom." I took a picture, and all is well, but no "red button." Could you clarify with more accurate details?

Sorry, there is no red button but a grey button. ATT is sending me a new phone, it's a hardware problem they said! Thanks for helping!

Good, apollo. Let us know if the new phone works out for you....