What's new

new iphone 14 features still no 3.5mm head phone jack in spite of millions of requests from customers?.....DUH. Make room for it geniuses you did befo

dornanbrian

Reaction score
obviously you entitled minions don't want real opinions from real people.......like Jack Nicholas said you can't handle the truth.....put the headphone jack back i or I'm going Android.....

Why don't we jump thru some more hoops and make it more fun and create another password and email just to reply?? Because judging from the double digit numbers in the so called forum only a mitt full of people have even been washed ashore on this deserted island.........?

This forum is in no way connected to Apple.
Based on past performance, Apple will not put back the headphone jack. They do provide a couple of workarounds. You can use headphones with a Lightning connector or a Lightning to headphone jack adaptor.

The iPhone 7, released in 2016, was the first iPhone without a headphone jack. All iOS devices released since then have not had a headphone jack.
BTW, better get that Android phone quickly, as for the last several years Android phones have been deleting the headphone jack; including Samsung’s flagship Galaxy phones.

Last edited:
The 3.5mm headphone jack is an obsolete and very fragile piece of equipment designed more than half a century ago. As an engineer, I look carefully at the specs of connectors I specify for equipment and the 3.5mm audio jack is designed for a shockingly small number of lifetime insertions. If you plugged headphones in once per day, the connector would likely fail long before the rest of the phone. Not to mention it is impossible to properly seal it against environmental risks such as dirt and moisture which is important if people expect to carry their phones with them everywhere. Carrying a small lightning to audio adapter is a small price to pay to improve the phone's function and durability.

Within a year or two, most devices will likely connect everything via USB-C anyway.

The 3.5mm headphone jack is an obsolete and very fragile piece of equipment designed more than half a century ago. As an engineer, I look carefully at the specs of connectors I specify for equipment and the 3.5mm audio jack is designed for a shockingly small number of lifetime insertions. If you plugged headphones in once per day, the connector would likely fail long before the rest of the phone. Not to mention it is impossible to properly seal it against environmental risks such as dirt and moisture which is important if people expect to carry their phones with them everywhere. Carrying a small lightning to audio adapter is a small price to pay to improve the phone's function and durability.

Within a year or two, most devices will likely connect everything via USB-C anyway.
In the future, there won't even be a charging cable only wireless/Bluetooth for everything!

In the future, there won't even be a charging cable only wireless/Bluetooth for everything!

You're probably right. You could make a phone seriously waterproof if it needed no physical connections to the outside world at all!!

Wireless charging causes energy loss and heat loss, which will eventually damage the iPhones battery and electricity wastage in long term.
Wrong information.
Wireless charging does not damage the battery.

Last edited:
Apple wants to boost the sale of AirPods, I personally used to have 7 plus and use headphones that were provided by apple, but now I'm using 13 pro max and use Airpods Pro, because I'm used to apple products, even though there are other options in the market, but in this iOS ecosystem you love you use Apple products.
According to the latest reports in 2021, apple made $12.1 billion with sales of Airpods which is +20% compared to the previous year. Currently, over 100 million people are using them right now.
If you don’t want to use Airpods, Apple has a simple and cheap method. It is a dongle that costs $9. I have used it for years so it isn’t fragle. The earphone jack is also being evolved out of other cell phones for numerous reason. Transition to the Lightening cable made many unhappy at first but we all adapted. And it will also happen when Apple, because of the EU rules, eventually decides to have all iPhones use the same adapter and makes us all use USB-C as a standard. This is how technology evolves.
1673717197140-png.70293

Attachments

• 1673717197140.png
    1673717197140.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 188
Last edited: