What's new

New here and new to the iPhone

Beer Snob

Reaction score
I just wanted to say hello. Just last week I bought my first iPhone as well as my very first apple product ever. I was actually the guy who used to stay away from these products because I always figured they were more about hype rather than quality. After being a rather disappointed Android user for a couple of years, my new provider talked me into one with an offer I couldn't pass up. I ended up with two 4s's for a hundred bucks and have not been able to put the thing down. This is by far the best phone and one of the best products I have ever owned.

Hello and and a big Welcome....enjoy the Forum... :)

I have had a couple from a really crappy Huewai Ascend to an Evo. My main problem is software updates. Unless you have a Samsung, updates take forever. Took close to a year for me to be able to update To gingerbread and I hear many of today's phones are not much better. You see galaxy phones now getting jellybean while many others are still getting ice cream sandwich if they will even get it. Meanwhile, everybody with a capable iPhone got IOS 6 right away. Guess its much easier when you only have a few sets of specs to worry about.

Now while I could have bought something like a Nexus or S3, I told myself long ago I would never buy another Samsung phone mainly because of the cheap plastic they are made out of and how poor the phones speaker is. I owned 3 Samsung's through the years and it was the same thing every time. The reviews I have read about the new Galaxy phones and its the same exact thing.

There are some things that are a pain though which I am getting used to such as using iTunes to do my media and miss the ability to upgrade my space however overall, I am very happy. My only real con would have to be that there is no SD slot and I am stuck with the space I bought with my phone. Perhaps that won't matter as much once I figure out icloud.

I just wanted to say hello. Just last week I bought my first iPhone as well as my very first apple product ever. I was actually the guy who used to stay away from these products because I always figured they were more about hype rather than quality. After being a rather disappointed Android user for a couple of years, my new provider talked me into one with an offer I couldn't pass up. I ended up with two 4s's for a hundred bucks and have not been able to put the thing down. This is by far the best phone and one of the best products I have ever owned.
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.
iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

The thing I miss most often about my Android was the ability to show only those contacts which contain phone numbers. That sure saved a lot of time. I can't believe iPhone/iOS 6 doesn't have that.