What's new

New guy

Illinifan

Reaction score
New iPhone 4 user here.

I have had multiple iPods in the past including the mini, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen nanos, several iPod touches, but this is my first iPhone.

I'd say I'm about 90% satisfied with it so far.

Looking forward to learning more from those who have gone before.

welcome new guy!

so only 90% what have you not liked about it so far?

The biggest issue is the switch between a WiFi signal and the 3G network. I assumed, probably mistakenly, that the switch would be transparent to me. However, my experience is that if I switch from a 3G signal to a Wifi signal or the other way around, I have to close all the apps I have open and then reopen the one I want to work with. Then I am connected to the "new" network without issues.

I would like the ability to clear recent and/or missed calls one at a time.

I tried to get 2 different AT&T people to explain the Personal HotStop option to me and what more it would cost me than the 2GB plan does.

Ok...maybe 95%....:)

You shouldn't have to do that when switching between wifi and 3G. Try resetting your network settings. Settings > General > Reset. Remember you will loose all saved wifi passwords if you do.

Deleting individual missed calls etc will be in the next update (iOS 5).

As for tethering that's up to the network how much they want to charge you. Lucky I get mine for free. If you want to tether without the costly tethering plan then you will need mywi from cydia after you jailbreak for a one off charge. You will still need to watch WBA your doing unless you have an unlimited plan? Also AT&T are clamping down on those suspected of using mywi and are planning on forcing the people on to tethering plans. There was a few threads on this a while back if you want to search for them...

If u don't want to spend the 20 bux for MyWi... U can always by TetherMe... It's only a dollar... It's not as flashy as MyWi but it gets the job done!!! :)

Not real comfortable with the idea of jailbreaking my iPhone yet. The wife would kill me if something went wrong with it.

Does it need to be jailbroken to use TetherMe?

Not real comfortable with the idea of jailbreaking my iPhone yet. The wife would kill me if something went wrong with it.

Good to know there's someone else out there who's not comfortable on jailbreaking.... my husband would kill me, and he's a professional UNIX geek!

yes you need to jailbreak the iOS to be able to use tetherMe.