What's new

New guy here - very excited

iFixd

Reaction score
So I started as a blackberry curve guy. Android got me the incredible and it's widgets. Android grabbed my entire family along with me (I talked it up as superior and more fun than blackberry). Android grabbed me again with the thunderbolt front camera and big screen and sweet camera. I had the tb for about a year.

Now, I must say to, I had an iPod nano way back in the day and I wasn't a fan. I grabbed a Zune player and was much happier; I didn't have much faith in apple products (I'm also a of guy) so I never looked to the iPhone as a cure to the inevitable boredom of rooting a roming a now old phone, maybe an update every 3 weeks.

Everybody at my job has an iPhone ranging from the AT&T 3GS to the Verizon 4 but no 4s. I figured I'll give it a shot and grabbed a 4s. I do have to say I am very surprised. I've had this iPhone for only 2 days and it's already fully integrated into my daily activities. So here is this new guy, switching over from android planning to be an active member of the iPhone community. (Ive already done some jailbreaking) lol

So I started as a blackberry curve guy. Android got me the incredible and it's widgets. Android grabbed my entire family along with me (I talked it up as superior and more fun than blackberry). Android grabbed me again with the thunderbolt front camera and big screen and sweet camera. I had the tb for about a year.

I tried to use a blackberry and found they where very hard to get used to but imo android and ios are very similar. what amdroid devices did you own?

Now, I must say to, I had an iPod nano way back in the day and I wasn't a fan. I grabbed a Zune player and was much happier; I didn't have much faith in apple products (I'm also a of guy) so I never looked to the iPhone as a cure to the inevitable boredom of rooting a roming a now old phone, maybe an update every 3 weeks.

The ipod nano is good and even though they do not have much memory on them they still store plenty of music, while on android you "root" the device on ios you can jailbreak and have some of these features that you may miss coming from an android device mainly customisation.

Everybody at my job has an iPhone ranging from the AT&T 3GS to the Verizon 4 but no 4s. I figured I'll give it a shot and grabbed a 4s. I do have to say I am very surprised. I've had this iPhone for only 2 days and it's already fully integrated into my daily activities. So here is this new guy, switching over from android planning to be an active member of the iPhone community. (Ive already done some jailbreaking) lol

I am glad to hear that you are getting on so well with the 4S and the specs of the device are very good.. you already jailbroke? that is good! it seems to becoming more and more popular and hopefully apple will realise just how much it is..

what apps/tweaks have you installed from cydia?

yes, i jailbroke with absinthe, very easy. and so far, i downloaded winterboard (which I cant get to work properly), fakecarrier, islidetext and bytafont (sonysketch) so far. I've been looking through what people say about which tweaks and what not and next time i have time ill actually start looking through it. I saw an app that allows you to put icons wherever on the screen without them being locked side by side, i wanna grab that. also, i saw an app that can move the status bar icons around, i wanna grab that. other than that, i play a lot of templerun, plants vs zombies. and on my asus transformer tablet i have gta so it wont be on my iphone and also cut the rope. my most favorite thing so far is SiRi, she makes it so easy to organize my day with only a few words.

Nice! Glad to hear you're liking your iPhone! I too owned a blackberry, then a couple android phones and I now have my white iPhone 4 which I purchased right before this past Christmas for $99 with a new contract on sprint. I LOVE this phone so much! I have never been so happy with a phone. My blackberry pearl was ok back a few years ago and at the time it was really cool. I remember I had my bb when the very first droid came out which I thought was also cool. I was always an apple hater. I liked my iPod nano but in general I despised apple and I used to get so pissed when people would brag about their iPhones lol. But I had my bb pearl until about a year ago then I bought an lg optimus through virgin mobile. And that was a pretty decent little phone. I still have it actually and I have it rooted and use it for the free wifi hotspot function for my laptop and Xbox live. I bought an lg Optimus slider in October when it came out but that phone was complete garbage so I ended up taking it back and continued to use my old Optimus v. Then my mom decided to drop tmobile and went with sprint and got an Evo shift 4g which is a damn nice phone actually and the 4g is really fast. So, I was checking out sprints website and saw they, as well as Verizon and AT&T, had a deal on the 8gb iPhone 4 for $99 with a new contract. I thought it was too good to pass up and got a white one with sprint because I use a good amount of data every month. I just love how the iPhone is so simple and easy to use. I'm very tech savvy but there's just something about the simplicity of ios that I love. It's VERY refined and NEVER crashes or freezes on me which is the main reason why I decided to go with the iPhone after reading reviews because I HATED how with my android devices the apps would always force close or the phone would always crash and reboot. My iPhone just feels good lol idk how to really explain it, it's just amazing. I love the retina screen on my iPhone, it's so clear and the colors are great! This is also good for me because I don't see to good and now whenever I have to turn on my android for hotspot, my eyes start to hurt because the screen is all dull and dark and "pixely".

But anyways, sorry about the LONG post lol. Just wanted to share my experience and show my love for my iPhone. Congrats man and hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

Lol. I used to despise apple too, almost like they were trying to infiltrate the american public at when the number of devices reached a critical point would activate the little robot guys to take us over. But, I must tell you, honestly, that I do enjoy using this iphone 4s. SiRi is helpful and I talk to her more than my friends (mainly because my plans change so much I'm telling her to move my appointments around). But I do agree with you on the retina display and the android crashing.
Also, I love how apps for defined for iPhone. Perfect example would be plants vs zombies. On android, you beat the game and its over. On iPhone they have the complete game. But yes, the unimaginable happened and I like the iPhone >.> my entire family is after me about it and my friends at work laugh at me because I used to make fun of them.

yes, i jailbroke with absinthe, very easy. and so far, i downloaded winterboard (which I cant get to work properly), fakecarrier, islidetext and bytafont (sonysketch) so far. I've been looking through what people say about which tweaks and what not and next time i have time ill actually start looking through it. I saw an app that allows you to put icons wherever on the screen without them being locked side by side, i wanna grab that. also, i saw an app that can move the status bar icons around, i wanna grab that. other than that, i play a lot of templerun, plants vs zombies. and on my asus transformer tablet i have gta so it wont be on my iphone and also cut the rope. my most favorite thing so far is SiRi, she makes it so easy to organize my day with only a few words.

Thats the thing about jailbreaking you have to make sure it works with the device and firmware you are using before trying to install it and some developers end up never porting their software to newer firmwares, usually there will be a thread created with a list of what works

Yea, I haven't done much research as to what works and what doesn't. Some of it works, just not the part I want. Lol. The solid white status bar. I'll get around to doing some searches when I have time. I'm assuming I can't be the only one who wants it, so I'm sure there will be some threads I'll discover.

Yea, I haven't done much research as to what works and what doesn't. Some of it works, just not the part I want. Lol. The solid white status bar. I'll get around to doing some searches when I have time. I'm assuming I can't be the only one who wants it, so I'm sure there will be some threads I'll discover.

Yeah if you are un sure of anything also you can ask in the sections or here and hopefully some one will be able to help find you a tweak that is working on the iphone 4S

Thanks man. Im sure I'll have questions in the near future about the ins and outs of being jail broken and how to tweak this and that. At least I know people here are genuinely up to help and offer suggestions. ;)