What's new

New Feature

thehappyman

Reaction score
Every night before bed I have to turn off the "ringer" so calls and text messages don't wake me up early - Be nice if Apple could add a timer so I could have my ringer automatically turn off and on at preset hours every day.

No my idea wouldn't defeat it, I would like it in addition. Still need to have the ability to manually shut off the ringer at any time - manual ringer switch setting would be recognized as higher priority than the timer I would like to have.

Of course I can wish all I want - !!!

that would defeat the purpose of the silent switch..

Don't have my iphone 4 yet, looks like it will happen next week. But what you are asking, I have it on my old N96, you can time the silent mode from a certain time to another.

I have an idea, let's not me so lazy!
Switching 1 small button is really not all that hard nor is it time consuming

I have an idea, let's not me so lazy!
Switching 1 small button is really not all that hard nor is it time consuming

The problem is not being lazy, the problem is remembering to flick the switch before going to sleep !!!
I still think it would be a nice addition.

Every night before bed I have to turn off the "ringer" so calls and text messages don't wake me up early - Be nice if Apple could add a timer so I could have my ringer automatically turn off and on at preset hours every day.

That sounds like a very good idea for an app

I don't want to HAVE TO REMEMBER to turn my ringer off every night - what a pain in the Axx

for jailbroken phones there is already and app for that "Auto Profiles Manager"

i dont use it myself,but i did see it,thought i would share...im pretty sure theres one or two more under other names

My very basic Nokia had that "silent timer" feature many years ago. It's a nice touch. Seems like it would be easy to do. Maybe there is a JB app already out there.

Many people, including me, do find Do Not Disturb to be a necessary feature. In fact, I think the OP might feel that way. But we probably will never know as this is a 5 yr old thread and it was not a feature available in then IOS 4. Now, it is available to all but you do not have to enable it if you don't choose to.