What's new

New app not showing up

azonie

Reaction score
Wife and I use same iTunes ID so we can share apps. Anyway bought app while logged into wife's iPhone. It downloaded to hers but hasn't shown up on mine yet.

But when I look on her iPhone I see apps I downloaded on there with option to download from iCloud.

Why doesn't this show up on mine.

I'll take a stab.

I am fixing my sister's iPhone 5. I already have iCloud enabled on my iPhone 5. So, I just entered my Apple ID into iCloud on her iPhone. Then it asked if I wanted to merge Safari data, reminder and contacts on this iPhone . I chose no since i didn't want that, and had nothing to do with Apps apparently.

Then I went to the App Store, then the Updates Tab. I see all the Apps I have downloaded with an iCloud symbol that are not on her iPhone 5 yet!
In the Settings, under iCloud still, I noticed the Documents & Data tab toward the bottom is set to ON.

OK. I just downloaded a new App on my sister's iPhone, and almost immediately I received a message on my iPhone notifying me of a purchase on my iTunes account, and that if I want to have automatic downloads, I need to go to Settings, iTunes & App Store (toward bottom), then turn ON the Apps in Automatic Downloads. The Updates is there for the Apps as well if you want auto-updates as well.

With that, the Apps bought on another device should show up and download.

Just did this experiment. I hope it works for you.

Last edited:
I'll take a stab. I am fixing my sister's iPhone 5. I already have iCloud enabled on my iPhone 5. So, I just entered my Apple ID into iCloud on her iPhone. Then it asked if I wanted to merge Safari data, reminder and contacts on this iPhone . I chose no since i didn't want that, and had nothing to do with Apps apparently. Then I went to the App Store, then the Updates Tab. I see all the Apps I have downloaded with an iCloud symbol that are not on her iPhone 5 yet! In the Settings, under iCloud still, I noticed the Documents & Data tab toward the bottom is set to ON. OK. I just downloaded a new App on my sister's iPhone, and almost immediately I received a message on my iPhone notifying me of a purchase on my iTunes account, and that if I want to have automatic downloads, I need to go to Settings, iTunes & App Store (toward bottom), then turn ON the Apps in Automatic Downloads. The Updates is there for the Apps as well if you want auto-updates as well. With that, the Apps bought on another device should show up and download. Just did this experiment. I hope it works for you.
You should not share the same iCloud Apple ID. They should be different. Share only your iTunes Apple ID. Sharing the same iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime can cause problems. If you share the same iCloud Apple ID, then you share the free 5 gb of storage. Use separate ID's for iCloud.

Thanks for the notification. It really does help. I only did this temporarily to try and help the poster. I have since then deleted my Apple ID - iCloud from my sister's iPhone 5.

BUT, what about this question he has?

So, again , maybe hard reset the iPhone that you don't see the "Cloud symbol" on in the App Store Updates section. If this keeps happening, try logging in and out of the iCloud, if not the Apple ID within iTunes.
Hmmm... I really wish I knew more about this.

I know I can get peeved easily if something small doesn't work the way it is intended to.

Perhaps you have already found a remedy for this minor annoyance?
Let us know with an update.

Thanks for the notification. It really does help. I only did this temporarily to try and help the poster. I have since then deleted my Apple ID - iCloud from my sister's iPhone 5. BUT, what about this question he has? So, again , maybe hard reset the iPhone that you don't see the "Cloud symbol" on in the App Store Updates section. If this keeps happening, try logging in and out of the iCloud, if not the Apple ID within iTunes. Hmmm... I really wish I knew more about this. I know I can get peeved easily if something small doesn't work the way it is intended to. Perhaps you have already found a remedy for this minor annoyance? Let us know with an update.
That cloud symbol in the App Store is supposed to be there. You can't get rid of it. Don't worry about that. It's not connected to your iCloud account. It's just iTunes download icon.

Last edited: