What's new

new app downloaded from i tunes not appeare in iphone

emadshaaban

Reaction score
hi
some of application that i download from i tunes by pc could not appeare in my 3gs ios4,but when i check pc itunes i can find them????

You have to enable automatic downloads. It doesn't just happen. On a side note, I would update to iOS 5. there is no real good reason to stay on an outdated iOS. You will just have more and more compatability problems if you keep on too old of an iOS version. FY.

You have to enable automatic downloads. It doesn't just happen. On a side note, I would update to iOS 5. there is no real good reason to stay on an outdated iOS. You will just have more and more compatability problems if you keep on too old of an iOS version. FY.
\
thank you for you advise, but i'm using locked iphone opened by jaibreake,with i loss it if i upgrade by pc itunes , and is the upgrading is simple procedure with jailbreaked phone>
im waiting your replaies,

emadshaaban said:
\
thank you for you advise, but i'm using locked iphone opened by jaibreake,with i loss it if i upgrade by pc itunes , and is the upgrading is simple procedure with jailbreaked phone>
im waiting your replaies,

1) What iOS are you on?

2) And you are unlocked?

iam using iphone 3gs IOS 4.1 lock phone .using jailbreak.

emadshaaban said:
iam using iphone 3gs IOS 4.1 lock phone .using jailbreak.

So you have an iPhone that is locked to AT&T but you want to use it in a different carrier?

im afried you do bot get my question above
i already use my 3GS with differnt carierr middle east, but i need to upgrade my IOS 4.1 to the new frimwear,would i loss my jailbreak if i upgrade it ,if yes is easy and guranded to jailbreak it with my self

emadshaaban said:
im afried you do bot get my question above
i already use my 3GS with differnt carierr middle east, but i need to upgrade my IOS 4.1 to the new frimwear,would i loss my jailbreak if i upgrade it ,if yes is easy and guranded to jailbreak it with my self

Oh. Sorry. My bad.

All you need to do enter DFU mode and restore in iTunes.

Then you would have to jailbreak with redsn0w. And remember you have to boot tethered by placing device in DFU mode, and clicking the "Just boot" button in redsn0w on every reboot.

Or

You could create a custom IPSW with Sn0wbreeze, enter PWNED DFU mode, shift+restore to the custom IPSW, setup your phone, then run iBooty to tether boot it. The phone will already be jailbroken freshly during the restore process using Sn0wbreeze. You will just have to boot tethered with iBooty on every reboot.

Since you are going to have to restore any way, I recommend you make a custom IPSW with Sn0wbreeze and restore to that. Then once the restore done....your phone will already be jailbroken.

DO NOT RESTORE FROM A BACKUP OF ANY KIND. because you are coming from iOS 4 to iOS 5, you most certainly should not restore from a backup at all. You have been warned.

If you are worried about contacts....there are apps in the app store that backup contacts. Once you are on iOS 5, you can use iCloud to keep your contacts backed up. You have to do literally nothing but make sure you have an iCliuf account...and that's it....your contacts will save to the cloud automatically.

Everything else will be gone. I recommend you transfer purchases from iPhone to iTunes before restoring.

If you have music that is not bought from iTunes, then I would get a tool like iMate or iSpirit and transfer the songs that iTunes would not let you transfer.

You're right, of course, about updating to the newest iOS. But...... newsflash! Not everyone in the world has access to super high-speed Internet while trusting iTunes to not destroy their iPhones. Apple arrogantly decides to provide "upgrades" to their iOS by completely overwriting the existing OS versus the incremental route (note Windows updates). Plus, I trust iTunes to safeguard my backed-up data (or do I have to "synch" as well before I do an upgrade???) about as far as I can spit. And since the iOS upgrade is almost a gig worth of data, and since many people don't have much over 2 Mbps effective speed, the upgrade is a major time constraint. Sorry abut the boo-hoo' ing.

EWyatt said:
You're right, of course, about updating to the newest iOS. But...... newsflash! Not everyone in the world has access to super high-speed Internet while trusting iTunes to not destroy their iPhones. Apple arrogantly decides to provide "upgrades" to their iOS by completely overwriting the existing OS versus the incremental route (note Windows updates). Plus, I trust iTunes to safeguard my backed-up data (or do I have to "synch" as well before I do an upgrade???) about as far as I can spit. And since the iOS upgrade is almost a gig worth of data, and since many people don't have much over 2 Mbps effective speed, the upgrade is a major time constraint. Sorry abut the boo-hoo' ing.

No news flash here man. I don't even have my own wifi. I use my neighbors and the signal sucks....and downloading an IPSW takes forever.

However iTunes could be better but it is what it is.

And your comparison between Windows updates and restoring/updating.

Restoring/updating your phone nothing like any Windows update. Except for an actual update of Windows OS itself.

A "real" Windows update does the same thing.

I think your talking about extension and application updates on your computer. Same thing as updating an application on your iPhone.

Don't act like syncing is such a hassle. I sync my phone "once" after every restore. That is it. Once.

Before I restore....I make sure to transfer any new data.

Between those 2 points in time, my phone does not go near iTunes. it does not need to. Only before I restore.

I don't see why people think they need I sync so much.

thank you dear, for your advises ,but
i'm not experts with iphone and i'm new onwer to 3gs,i need a simple advises .
how can i upgrade to ios5 frm ios4.1 with my lock phone with out loss the jaelbreak.

emadshaaban said:
thank you dear, for your advises ,but
i'm not experts with iphone and i'm new onwer to 3gs,i need a simple advises .
how can i upgrade to ios5 frm ios4.1 with my lock phone with out loss the jaelbreak.

You cannot.

What I just to you is as "simple" as it gets. Sorry.