What's new

New 4s owner

lambertincorp

Reaction score
Just got my first iPhone a few days ago love the phone. Im a ipad 1 owner so im familiar with the platform, but in my excitement to have the latest and greatest I updated to 5.1 not realizing that I wouldn't be able to jailbreak after that update. Is there anyway around that? I've been looking around and it seems like the only solution is to wait. Any ideas on how long it will take to be able to jailbreak 5.1 with A5?

hi and welcome to the forum,no you will have to wait,how long is anyones guess though.

I figured that would be the case so I'll just have to learn everything about the phone in the mean time thanks for the quick response

I figured that would be the case so I'll just have to learn everything about the phone in the mean time thanks for the quick response
youre welcome,yes theres lots to keep you going in the meantime,when a jailbreak comes you will find out all you need to know on here.

Thanks again ur prob right it'll prob keep me plenty busy until a jailbreak is available

Do I need a jailbreak to play emulator/roms on the iPhone 4s? Like old GBA games, etc?

I want to love the iPhone and choose it over the Razr Maxx.. but I just don't know.

I want to love the iPhone and choose it over the Razr Maxx.. but I just don't know.

Give it time. I have a rooted Android and a jail broken 4S. Both are great devices. I enjoy the flexibility of the jail broken 4S. I can mix and match parts of themes. I believe iOS is more forgiving that Android and not dealing with a recovery system is nice.

What is causing you to second guess your decision?

The Maxx can use eternal memory cards; I'm also looking to use a device where I can have PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word files onto it. The Maxx has a huge screen which would be beneficial when viewing the browser and information I need to look at. I do love the iPhone apps.. it seems to be the real deal compared to the Android applications that seem like they are from a hand-me-down store. When looking at the Maxx apps and home screens, it seems as though there are so many possibilities with the Maxx and free space. Don't know if the iPhone has the same available features.

I'm sure each device has it's issues that people aren't pleased with; Razr Maxx, iPhone, and Nexus.

Plus, Flash, Flash, Flash.

I was the same as you coming from android,bigger screen ect,i dont think about it now and as for flash i dont miss it at all.