What's new

Need your help with unlock/jailbreak related question

timepass

Reaction score
Hello friends,

Sorry I am pretty new to apple world and trying to get myself familiar with iphone.

I have iphone 4 with 5.0.1 ios . This was AT& T usa phone but now I have moved to another contry.

Recently,

1) I jailbroke this phone and have cydia set up there.
2) I also got this phone unlocked so I am using a different carrier/sim out here.

My question is,

If I upgrade ios on my phone to 6.1.3

a) will I lose the jailbreak ?
b) will i lose the carrier unlock ? will i be able to use non -At& t sim cards in this phone?

Thank you for your help

For the iPhone 4, if you upgrade to 6.1.3, you upgrade the ability to untethered jailbreak your device. You can tethered jailbreak your 4 still on iOS 6.1.3, but once you reboot or turn off your device, you'll need a computer. You can use a semi-untethered that allows you to use very very limited functions until you can plug your phone into a computer to boot up, meaning very basic functions, nothing data related.

If you unlocked your device from a carrier, it's permanent. No matter how many times you restore, upgrade or downgrade, you won't lose it

For the iPhone 4, if you upgrade to 6.1.3, you upgrade the ability to untethered jailbreak your device. You can tethered jailbreak your 4 still on iOS 6.1.3, but once you reboot or turn off your device, you'll need a computer. You can use a semi-untethered that allows you to use very very limited functions until you can plug your phone into a computer to boot up, meaning very basic functions, nothing data related.

If you unlocked your device from a carrier, it's permanent. No matter how many times you restore, upgrade or downgrade, you won't lose it

Thank you sir.

I wouldn't really worry about jailbreak in that case. I hardly use those feature. For me, its unlock that more important right now.

I did not unlock device from carrier. It was under a contract that i am still settling with AT & T. In the meantime, i paid one of internet websites to unlock my device. That should be okay right ? or I might lose unlock with upgrade in this case?

If the site you purchased it from was offering an IMEI or MEID unlock, then yes, it's the same as a carrier unlock since they're just doing the unlock under the table