What's new

Need some confirmation

iCrank

Reaction score
Ok. I'm a little confused but not a lot. I just installed the gv integrated tweak and signed in using my google voice sign in. My question is can I use this as a unlimited calling resource. I'm on Verizon and I signed up for the 450 minutes plan. Would google voice use any of those minutes? Or strictly my unlimited data ?

Last edited:
iCrank said:
Ok. I'm a little confused but not a lot. I just installed the gv integrated tweak and signed in using my google voice sign in. My question is can I use this to use as a unlimited calling resource. I'm on Verizon and I signed up for the 450 minutes plan. Would google voice use any of those minutes? Or strictly my unlimited data ?

It's using your data. Kind of like a VoIP service.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

iCrank said:
Ok. I'm a little confused but not a lot. I just installed the gv integrated tweak and signed in using my google voice sign in. My question is can I use this to use as a unlimited calling resource. I'm on Verizon and I signed up for the 450 minutes plan. Would google voice use any of those minutes? Or strictly my unlimited data ?

It's using your data. Kind of like a VoIP service.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Thanks darkstar.

Darkstar, I just posted a related question about VOIP clients and usage internationally.
I have unlimited data grandfathered in on AT&T and travel abroad frequently. If I use a VOIP client abroad, even if I dont have WiFi access, will that avoid my international roaming charges on voice?

Darkstar, I just posted a related question about VOIP clients and usage internationally.
I have unlimited data grandfathered in on AT&T and travel abroad frequently. If I use a VOIP client abroad, even if I dont have WiFi access, will that avoid my international roaming charges on voice?

No you'll get charged for roaming data. Your best option would be to get a SIM card from whatever country your visiting and pay for a certain amount of data or minutes. This way you can avoid overages or data roaming while traveling abroad. :)

Thanks for the reply, but if AT&T tells me I have unlimited data, should roaming data consumption still be a factor? Also, my 4s is locked to AT&T for the time being, so getting another sim will not be an option for a while.

Thanks for the reply, but if AT&T tells me I have unlimited data, should roaming data consumption still be a factor? Also, my 4s is locked to AT&T for the time being, so getting another sim will not be an option for a while.

I'm not very positive about how AT&T works. I'm sure the unlimited data would only be applicable to their own towers. When you roam in another country, your not on their towers anymore. Hence why they call it roaming. Your best option would be to call AT&T and ask them what your options are for voice and data while your traveling abroad. :)!

what i do when i travel in roaming areas i simply turn on airplane mode or if i know something or someone can reactivate it i just take out my sim.

also i was trying to look for google voice; the free app on the app store and was not able to find it. any help? do you guys see it in the app store?

kingnba6 said:
also i was trying to look for google voice; the free app on the app store and was not able to find it. any help? do you guys see it in the app store?

The official google voice app was pulled from the app store.