What's new

Need help with TinyUmbrella

lennie paz

Reaction score
I'm on 5.1.1 and I did something stupid. I did a "reset all settings' and my phone is stuck in safe mode. I know I need to perform a restore, but I want to stay on 5.1.1. I used TinyUmbrella to get the 5.1.1 blobs(hopefully). How do I know if I got the 5.1.1 blob? Does this mean I'm good?

fk6C0.png

You'd have to upgrade it to 6.0 then downgrade with a stitched IPSW.

I'm on 5.1.1 and I did something stupid. I did a "reset all settings' and my phone is stuck in safe mode. I know I need to perform a restore, but I want to stay on 5.1.1. I used TinyUmbrella to get the 5.1.1 blobs(hopefully). How do I know if I got the 5.1.1 blob? Does this mean I'm good?

What do you mean by Safe Mode...? ReBoot should take you out of Safe mode...

Not always. Sometimes if it's a Cydia tweak causing conflicts, you'd have to uninstall the tweak through Cydia in safe mode, THEN reboot to get it out. I had the same problem with QuickSMS on Cydia. Safe Mode does not require a restore OP, it only requires a reboot. Tap the statusBar on your iPhone, then reboot. Or just do a hard reset.

Not always. Sometimes if it's a Cydia tweak causing conflicts, you'd have to uninstall the tweak through Cydia in safe mode, THEN reboot to get it out. I had the same problem with QuickSMS on Cydia. Safe Mode does not require a restore OP, it only requires a reboot. Tap the statusBar on your iPhone, then reboot. Or just do a hard reset.

I tried all of that. Nothing worked and I was stuck in safe mode. I ended up updating to iOS6, and the downgrading to 5.1.1 with a stitched IPSW using sn0wbreeze.