What's new

Need help with Jailbreaking please!!!

kingkurrupt

Reaction score
I have a iphone 3gs running 6.1
model- MC640LL
Serial number- **143** made in 2011 during the 43rd week
firmware- 05.16.07
Is there any way to jailbreak and unlock this iphone since it was made after the 32 week?

and/or

Will the new jailbreak for ios 6 work even though it cant update to the ipad baseband??

Help please?

Jailbreaking has nothing to do with baseband, only unlocking does. The only way to unlock a new bootrom after the 38 week mark is through an interposer* or an IMEI.

Last edited:
I guess those are things i have to buy?
Thanks for the response!

Changed the Gevey to interposer. The Gevey itself does not support the 3GS on 05.16.07, but there are a few interposers that do out there. It's recommended that you get a carrier/IMEI unlock as your first choice. It runs you a bit less than the interposer and there's no real delivery time. The process takes about 5 minutes to 12 hours to complete on the 3GS. And you can update your iOS as many times as you want as well as your baseband and it'll still be intact.

Cool ill definetly consider that,
Who do you recommend i go through to unlock the phone via imei?
Or
if i jail broke with the new stuff coming from envasi0n could i unlock that way?

We only endorse ApplenBerry and carriers for IMEI unlocks. Other sources will be at your own risk and accordance.

Unless the Dev Team's found a new baseband RAM exploit, it's highly unlikely.

Also, please keep in mind, that as of January 26th... Unlocking any wireless device (aside from your wireless provider Unlocks) is illegal in the United States. Please use any Unlocking information provided at your own risk.