What's new

Need help unlocking iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 please!

Dav

Reaction score
I just got an iPhone today and need to unlock it. I have no idea how to do it so that why I came here, to ask some pros! Haha. Any links or videos will help! And no I am not jailbroken. Thanks!

Hi Dav... welcome to iPF.net!! What Baseband is your iP4 on?
it is on 5.0.1. from what ive read on here so far, i need to jailbreak and then unlock it so i can use it for T-Mobile

5.0.1 is your iOS version.... On your iPhone go here Settings>General>About... and tell us what's next to "Firmware Modem". That's your Baseband... and will determine if you can be unlocked.

on one of the threads i read it said to restore my phone to factory settings so now i cant get in and look at anything

Please help me here... what do you mean by "can't get in and look at anything." Restoring your phone shouldn't keep you from opening your Settings and such.

it says
"Activation Failed"
"Please insert a sim card"
"Try Again"

No but I have a T-Mobile one... I don't have anything to open the sim card slot either though.

Well you'll need an At&t sim card to activate the phone. You can use a small paper clip to open the sim tray.

And There is no way to downgrade baseband at this times not that I know of. But I am not an unlocker.