What's new

Need Help Read quick - iphone 4s

Jason D'souza

Reaction score
Hi guys,
My iphone 4s is asking me to do a whatsapp update and when i go to the store to update it, it asks me to log on as another users Apple id, but my icloud and itunes account is configured as my account.

Now im assuming that this phone was connected to that persons laptop earlier.

What is the solution to remove the other users id?
I do not have the password for the other users id.

Can i remove whatsapp and then reinstall it ?
Will this still ask for that persons Apple ID login ?

Can i Backup and Wipe the phone ?
I dont want to lose any data on the phone.

Thanks in Advance!

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Jason D'souza!

It sounds like you're using an iPhone without erasing the former owner's information/apps properly.
When you remove Whatsapp from your iPhone and purchase it with your own Apple ID, the app shouldn't ask for the other Apple ID again.

If this iPhone is set up with your information, you'll be able to back it up and erase it. However: the information that Whatsapp was connected to the other Apple ID will still be stored in the backup, which will make the app ask for that password again when it needs to get updated, unless you buy it with your own Apple ID.

Hope that helps.

I've removed the other thread you started, asking exactly the same. Not only would this have fragmented the discussion and made it hard for others to follow, it's also against our rules.
Please keep the discussion of your problem with the app to this thread!

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks for your support, yes it did work!

Sorry but i didnt know which phone it was an iphone 5 or iphone 4s because im not an apple user, But will keep that in mind in future.

Thank you!