What's new

Need help on downgrading to 5.1.1

zdawg801

Reaction score
Not happy with the 6.0 need help on bringing my iphone 4s back to 5.1.1 I do not believe I Have anything really saved to my computer and everytime I try to download 5.1.1 off the internet it comes up as a zipped file and wont extract right. Any help?

Mickey330 said:
There is no way to downgrade an iPhone 4S from iOS 6 back to iOS 5.1.1. Sorry.

Marilyn

Marilyn is correct. The iPhone 4S' iOS cannot be downgraded @ this time. Once updating to iOS 6.0.... unfortunately, that's where it's gonna stay.

I accidentally downgraded.

Had a problem with my original 4S. I still have 2 months on my warranty, so I went in to Apple. Got my phone swapped out. My new 4S has 5.1.1. On my original 4S, I upgraded to iOS 6 and lost my jailbreak. Even though I liked iOS 6, I missed my jailbreak.

Last night, I jailbroke my 4S with greenpois0n and I'm back in business. I got SBSETTINGS BACK!! :)

So, if you are still under warranty, and notice your 4S is having ANY problems at all, get it swapped and you'll be back at 5.1.1

bleached4S said:
I accidentally downgraded.

Had a problem with my original 4S. I still have 2 months on my warranty, so I went in to Apple. Got my phone swapped out. My new 4S has 5.1.1. On my original 4S, I upgraded to iOS 6 and lost my jailbreak. Even though I liked iOS 6, I missed my jailbreak.

Last night, I jailbroke my 4S with greenpois0n and I'm back in business. I got SBSETTINGS BACK!! :)

So, if you are still under warranty, and notice your 4S is having ANY problems at all, get it swapped and you'll be back at 5.1.1

I just recently purchased a 4s, and I was told it depends on the shipment date of the phone itself, that determines the software version. Newer phones come with ios6 already downloaded. Luckily mine has 5.1.1, and that is where it stays!

Overall, that's probably the biggest security that Apple has, selling iPhones that comes with the latest iOS.

Not happy with the 6.0 need help on bringing my iphone 4s back to 5.1.1 I do not believe I Have anything really saved to my computer and everytime I try to download 5.1.1 off the internet it comes up as a zipped file and wont extract right. Any help?

I may be able to help with this...my Iphone4 (sprint network CDMA) was on IOS6.0 and I got my 5.1.1 IOS back to the original settings with it unlocked. I will be putting up a video on youtube sometime this week

I may be able to help with this...my Iphone4 (sprint network CDMA) was on IOS6.0 and I got my 5.1.1 IOS back to the original settings with it unlocked. I will be putting up a video on youtube sometime this week

The 4S and the iPhone 4 are two completely different devices. There is no way to downgrade the 4S through the iOS barrier since you don't have 4.X blobs