What's new

NEED an SMS/MMS Backup/Restore App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kip Fischer

Reaction score
I have a corrupted IOS and need to load a fresh OS and in the process will lose all of the txt messages (back to '08).

I am looking for a solution that will end with me having a fresh ver of the OS, my txt messages intact and on the phone, and my Iphone 6p that is not jailbroken.

The process to get there is inconsequential

I have a MBP Mid-2014, Iphone 6p, Ipad air

Any help is appreciated

Unless you already have an existing backup or are able to back up your phone before the restore, the restore will erase everything on your iPhone, including your messages.

Thank you Captain obvious.

As there are already apps in the app store that will back up just the txt message file, I am looking for a solution to also reload the file after i load the fresh OS

In that case, you'd have to manually install the messages backup from whatever app you used after the restore was finished. The app could not do it automatically, as it would also be wiped from the iPad during the restore.

BTW, there's no need to be sarcastic when I'm only trying to help.

Listen Scifi fan im being sarcastic because you are giving me the simple answers already available all over the interwebs. Thank you for trying but your responses just are not helpful. Its like telling someone with a broken dishwasher that they need to call the repairman. I am truly appreciative of your effort.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Kip!

Please word your appreciation in a different manner.

As I understand your first post, you're looking for an app which is able to backup SMS and MMS from iMessages, and restore it to the iPhone afterwards. As far as I know, such an app doesn't exist. There's software for the computer (not iTunes) that promises to do this. I think that's not what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Hello Kip Fischer,
Our moderators have given you the correct advice and no further help can be given on your issue.

If you post here in the future please be careful in how you word your replies,
We don't tolerate rudeness here and especially to our moderators who are trying to help you.
In conclusion this thread has run its course and is closed.....Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.