NEED adaptor. Please

Discussion in 'iPhone 7 Plus' started by DBuschette, Jun 16, 2017.

1. DBuschette

DBuschette New Member

I am in search for an adaptor that has a female lightning and a female USB. Doesn't have to be a long cable. I have found one online but it is no longer available. Let me know if you know where to get such thing. Thank you.

2. JandN2639

JandN2639 Active Member

Call your local Apple Store. They will tell you which authorized products are available.

3. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

I too found the adaptor online from several sources, all discontinued. There is also no such adaptor available from the Apple Store.

4. Old Goat Ninja

Old Goat Ninja Well-Known Member

I've never seen both together, but I do know that a lot of non-Apple branded USB adapters do not work. Save yourself the time and frustration, and just buy the Apple brand one from the start. My dad tried to save money and bought a couple off brand ones and finally caved and bought the Apple version. Doesn't work on everything USB related though. That's probably my biggest iPad complaint, lack of USB support.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RN281

RN281 Active Member

Amazon sells one for $49. Search for "Apple lightning digital AV adapter". Good luck.

6. JandN2639

JandN2639 Active Member

If it isn't Apple certified, the adapter, cable, etc. will eventually fail: non-Apple items aren't authorized. See the discussion Last Straw.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RN281

RN281 Active Member

If you decide to buy a third party adapter may I suggest you read the reviews about the item first. The more verified actual purchasers positive reviews would be more reliable. Good luck.