What's new

Navigation indicator often on...

Propellerhead

Reaction score
The little arrow head at the top of the screen keeps popping on to indicate location services are running, and I don't know what app is doing it. I have a bunch of gps apps but don't think any should run in the background. I just saw it happen again and only had 5 apps loaded: mail, safari, messages, app store and iCal. How do I figure out who is doing this? iPhone 4s iOS 5.1 (or whichever update appraised just a couple weeks ago). Thaks!

Try this

Tap settings, tap locations services. Any app that is currently using the location services will have the same arrow displayed just to the left of the on setting.

Just to add to that answer, the purple arrown are currently being used, and the grays were used recently.

I recently had a problem with location services being used constantly by a program even when it was shut down completely. A restart cured that issue.

Just to add to that answer, the purple arrown are currently being used, and the grays were used recently.

I recently had a problem with location services being used constantly by a program even when it was shut down completely. A restart cured that issue.

Thank you for the additional clarification! Much appreciated.

One other note, location services can be turned on or off en masse by the master toggle at the very top of the selection screen. If you just want it off completely.

It will hold your app settings for when you turn it back on.

Perfect answers! I'm glad the methods are there and thank you for explaining them!