What's new

Nano SIMs begin arriving at telcos ahead of new iPhone launch

fmirzamd

Reaction score
[h=2]Nano SIMs begin arriving at telcos ahead of new iPhone launch[/h]

iFun got their hands on a Telekom (T-Mobile) NanoSIM which first started arriving at the carrier this week. Along with the package of NanoSIMs was the message (translated):

Dear partners,
You will receive today a new generation of SIM cards for the latest generation of smartphones that come in the near future on the market. Sort your SIM card please first not in their cards in hand and give it not out to customers.We will inform you shortly about how to proceed.
The new iPhone is generally thought to be the first and as yet only phone to use the NanoSIM standard that Apple has spearheaded and took through regulatory approval.
On the right, you can see the larger MicroSIM inside a normal SIM card.

Share This

it was such a pain to get a micro sim and now with the new nano sim I see myself going through the same problems.. but eventually there will be no card on the chip. I remember my first phone the sim card was the size of a credit card and it fit on the back of the phone for a few years at least before they cut them down by so much and they seemed tiny then

Much better to have the new nano SIM cards arrive before the iPhone 5. Can you imagine the frustration if they came late. Angry customers with phones and no SIM cards.

Much better to have the new nano SIM cards arrive before the iPhone 5. Can you imagine the frustration if they came late. Angry customers with phones and no SIM cards.

A lot of carriers did not have nano sims in time for its release and still don't.