What's new

My new, old iPhone4

qilam

Reaction score
Hello iPhone forums users.
My htc recently had a fatal accident and i am no longer able to use it.
My girlfriend gave me her old iPhone 4 which she hasnt used for about 8 months now.
the iPhone has a lot of apps on it and no sim card. Once i turned the phone on everything seemed okay it ran a little slow. i startede trying to open some of the apps like fruit ninja and words with friends but as soon as i had double tapped them they start to open and then they close and go straight back the screen where i tapped it.
Is this phone broken or should i purchase a sim card, reboot it and attempt to use.
thank you very much

Sounds good to me. If you can get it this far, it's probably OK. Draw something had a bug which made it crash regularly. The last update fixed it. You'll probably find there's a whole heap of apps in the multitask bar that are sapping memory. Close them down and it could run better.

If you intend to use it you might want to restore it and start from scratch with your own AppleID. If the phone boots up and runs, you can assume its in good condition. The 4 is not that old, after all.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

A full Restore with iTunes(as a "New Device") is definitely recommended.... if the iPhone hasn't been used in 8 months it will be on an old firmware...you can always download all the Apps again...

I'm thinking it probably just prefers its girl owner and simply refuses to work for you ! Lol.

Seriously tho a set up as new iPhone will remove the junk it will have accrued since it was activated.