What's new

Music sharing

Silversting80

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an app or tweak that will allow me to share downloaded music from a jailbroken iPhone 5 to a non jailbroken iPhone 5?

No, the only way to add music to an unjailbroken device is through iTunes

Actually in a sense your wrong... There is a way to share mp3 files but its not very user friendly....
In order to do this i would have to first locate the files i want to share in ifile from the jailbroken iPhone, then email them to myself.. After this i can use the Apple approved app for the non jailbroken called "mp3 music downloader" (free or paid addition). This app has a built in web browser that allows you to gain access to your email account and also allows you the ability to download the mp3 you emailed.... Unfortunately the app holds you hostage to the built in player and has no feature for an iPod import....
Like i said this method is not very user friendly... But it is possible.

What you described is not adding music to the phone(which is what I said is not possible)

Clearly you do not understand the question... I will ask again. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to share music from a jailbroken iPhone to a non jailbroken iPhone?? I would like to have these mp3 files from the jailbroken device added to the non jailbroken devices' iPod app..
I was also thinking that iCloud could be an alternate option. But i would have to find a way to trick iCloud into thinking that i purchased these songs.. Does anyone have any thoughts on this????

Extract em to the pc that the stock phone syncs with, add them to itunes and sync them to the stock phone.

Not that difficult

Sharing music, they're never user friendly because Apple enforces the whole copyright policy strictly. From a jailbroken to jailbroken device it's easy. A jailbroken to a nonjailbroken, you can try something like Bump, or you'll need BT.

Reason why Apple doesn't exactly endorse it is because of the whole piracy stance to keep users from ripping music off the AppStore and throwing them online in bulk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Sharing music, they're never user friendly because Apple enforces the whole copyright policy strictly. From a jailbroken to jailbroken device it's easy. A jailbroken to a nonjailbroken, you can try something like Bump, or you'll need BT.

Reason why Apple doesn't exactly endorse it is because of the whole piracy stance to keep users from ripping music off the AppStore and throwing them online in bulk.

Thank you... I will try to explore this idea. I was hoping to avoid paying twice my music.

Extract em to the pc that the stock phone syncs with, add them to itunes and sync them to the stock phone.

Not that difficult

I think you might be right. As for now this appears to be my only option. I was hopping to cut out the "middle man" and be able to share on the fly. Thank you for your help

Thank you again for your suggestion but unfortunately neither of these methods are working as i had hopped. I was how ever able to transfer my files to the non jailbroken device with ease when using the "Bump" method. Unfortunately after transfer i am still required to plug into itunes to make these files useable....
If anyone else comes up with something ( possibly cydia driven ) then please advise... Thank you.

Well you'll need the device that's receiving the file to be jailbroken as well. There's a tweak called Bridge from Cydia that allows you to save files that you're sharing, which I presume is what you're really after. This will allow you to save music files from your Email, Cloud service (such as Dropbox) and other similar services, straight into your Music.app, meaning it's stored on your phone and sync-able with iTunes and you can listen to it anytime from your Music.app whenever you want unless you delete it yourself from Music.app or from iTunes when it's plugged in. On stock devices, I don't think it can be accomplished, and I wouldn't count developer cracked devices stock, so in the end it'll still need a jailbreak.

Well you'll need the device that's receiving the file to be jailbroken as well. There's a tweak called Bridge from Cydia that allows you to save files that you're sharing, which I presume is what you're really after. This will allow you to save music files from your Email, Cloud service (such as Dropbox) and other similar services, straight into your Music.app, meaning it's stored on your phone and sync-able with iTunes and you can listen to it anytime from your Music.app whenever you want unless you delete it yourself from Music.app or from iTunes when it's plugged in. On stock devices, I don't think it can be accomplished, and I wouldn't count developer cracked devices stock, so in the end it'll still need a jailbreak.

Yeah i think your right..... As for now ill just have to do it the old fashion way Import/Export with itunes. Thanks again.