What's new

Munching data

4Sdan

Reaction score
Hi. I never used to be able to get 3G where I am but vodafone now have good 3G coverage here.

My question is I'm now munching through my data. When I was running 2G I would use half of my 1GB monthly allowance, now I'm running 3G my data is gone in the first 2 weeks!!!

I'm only using it for surfing the web and forums. I don't use youtube or bbc iplayer so that's not the problem. I have the "app auto refresh" option in settings switched off.

Any ideas?

Try going to Settings>Cellular>Use Cellular Data for....

then turn off all and see what happens. look for any new apps that may be using it. turn them on one by one and see what happens. If it's still being used look for other culprits. Are you "sending data" to Apple? Location services/systems services? Automatic updates? those are all areas that may be using data. My guess is a new or updated app.

Hi Tech Guy! Welcome to the iPhone Forums! I wonder if you notice the times and dates of member's posts? This OP just posted a few hours ago and it may take a few days to figure it out. I have noticed that you have commented on older posts, which are often resolved. It's not an issue per se, but just bringing it to your attention! Enjoy the site!

Sorry I did not I am sorry but maybe the problem was not resolved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw the dates lol not paying attention thank you

Thanks for your replies 😃. Everything is switched off for mobile data that needs I be switched off. I have gone through all my apps like a fine tooth comb and can't see anything untoward.

Could it just be that 3G consumes more data than "E" (2G) ?

No problem and for your question I do not think so it is only a faster signal

Endless you are watching videos they will load in better quality but that is a big jump

No do not watch videos as I'm aware of how much data they use

Not sure why it changed what does the phone say is useing so mutch

What ios do u have, 6 has a big problem with a data leek I think iMessage plays a roll

iOS 7.0.4

I don't have iMessage enabled I've never seen the need to use it

I have 704 to and no problems I am at a loss