What's new

Multimedia iMessage showing as sent but not sending

Jmills87

Reaction score
So I just discovered an issue with my phone that must have been going on for some time before I found out. I told my friend I was sending her a picture and about 10 minutes after I sent it she asked where it was. I tried sending it again and she still didn't get it. Then I turned iMessage off and sent it and she got it. The weird thing is that it was showing as sent on my end through iMessage but she would never receive the picture.

I think it has something to do with BiteSMS because I did a fresh restore and tested it and it worked fine. Then I jailbroke and tested it and it worked fine. Then I installed BiteSMS and tested it and the picture wouldn't send through iMessage again. I uninstalled BiteSMS and reset my network settings but the picture still won't send through iMessage.

Any ideas?

Sounds like a bug on their end JMills. :S
Have you emailed the dev's for any info?
I've actually experienced this a time or two myself. Usually a respring fixes it though.

Had a bit of the same issue after installing biteSMS on the GF's phone. When I'm at work we sometimes communicate via her texting to my work email. Never had any issues w/ MMS back and forth, so it would show up in the the same conversation for her, before installing biteSMS. Simply uninstalling biteSMS, Hard Reset, then reinstall biteSMS worked for us.

You've taken it further and it's still not working w/ MMS... not sure.