What's new

MS Exchange email on Iphone

daver1015

Reaction score
I am having an issue that when I delete an email from my Iphone on an Exchange email account it also deletes it from my Outlook. Is there anyway to stop that so that it will only delete the email from the phone and not Outlook also?

I know you can tell it to not delete for POP3 accounts.

Thanks,

Dave

I am having an issue that when I delete an email from my Iphone on an Exchange email account it also deletes it from my Outlook. Is there anyway to stop that so that it will only delete the email from the phone and not Outlook also?

I know you can tell it to not delete for POP3 accounts.

Thanks,

Dave

Go to settings, mail contacts and calendar. Click into email account and scroll to advanced at the bottom. Now in here there are option to delete from server. Choose never. Now come back out of this and Click deleted messages at the top and set to never. Now all emails will remain in your server until you delete them from your mail server account on a computer.

iHolophyte

Last edited:
The question is why? This is the pure beauty of using exchange. You want all devices and outlook to be on sync. You delete it there, it's deleted everywhere. Same with filing to folders, marking read, and flagging. I keep up on emails because I manage it as I go. Why do something twice?