What's new

Moving everything from broken Samsung to iPhoneX ?

zillah

Reaction score
Dear Experts

I have got Samsung Galaxy S7 with broken screen (can't see anything through and touch is not working ), but phone still accessible via PC and USB cable

Recently I bought iPhoneX

How can I move contacts , photos ,files,,,etc from Samsung Galaxy (broken screen) to the new iPhoneX

Thanks

Apple has an app called Move to iOS, which will help you move photos, contacts, etc. from your Android phone to an iPhone. Move to iOS - Android Apps on Google Play
This may require a working screen on your Android phone to work, though.
Thx
Yes I am aware of this app, but not applicable to me this is why I posted the thread in the forum

Contacts, calendar events, emails and notes will appear on your iPhone, as soon as you set up your Gmail account, and enable them. There’s a Google Drive app, and Google Photos for iDevices, which allow syncing some of your content to your new iPhone. There are quite a few other Google apps in the App Store as well, if you prefer using these, all of them free.

For images and other content, take a look at Apple’s instructions:
Move content manually from your Android device to your iOS device

Hope that helps.

Contacts, calendar events, emails and notes will appear on your iPhone, as soon as you set up your Gmail account, and enable them. There’s a Google Drive app, and Google Photos for iDevices, which allow syncing some of your content to your new iPhone. There are quite a few other Google apps in the App Store as well, if you prefer using these, all of them free.
My broken Samsung Google Play store ID and my new iphone ID are identical which is my [email protected]
Emails backup from old to new phones doesn't bother me, as I have Gmail IMAP
Contacts not migrated from the android to the iPhone although I am using same ID which is my [email protected] ?
Android Whatsapp everyday gets migrated to google drive how can restore to iphone ???
Viber ?

For images and other content, take a look at Apple’s instructions:
Yes that can be done

Make sure the contacts are saved to/ connected to your Gmail account, and on your iPhone enable Contacts for the account in Settings - Accounts & Passwords - your account.

For your Whatsapp messages, you might need some transfer software. No idea which one’s suitable, though. Sorry!