What's new

Moving an MP3 to my iPhone7

DallasFan

Reaction score
I have some MP3's on my PC that I want to move to my iPhone7.

I have searched online, but most of the instructions are not valid to the 7 or require a dongle which I can't find.

I would like to keep a copy on my PC as well as on the 7.

I tried to copy, as well as drag it to the iTunes folder on Windows 10 but it did not work for me.

I know whatever I need to do is easy. I must be missing something simple. But I have not figured it out.

Thanks

Thanks. I dragged them from My Music File to iTunes, but they would not sync between my PC and iPhone.

I saw the video you provided and it confirmed the idea that I need a cable to sync them with.

I have a box full of electronic cables, there must be 30 in there but not 1 that will work for me here.

I can't find that Dongle that Apple provided. It's been a long time since I used it.

It's a shame it can't be done wirelessly.

I like the Dell laptop I have but maybe I'll consider an Apple next time.

They work as a system.

I wonder how many people on this forum have other Apple products like an iPad or a MacBook Air?

Or, if they are like me and just have an iPhone.....which I really like and will replace with another one when it is necessary.

Actually it can be done wireless. BUT (you knew that was coming right? lol) you have to setup the iPhone and iTunes for WiFi Sync backup. The rest after that is like using the cable.

Actually it can be done wireless. BUT (you knew that was coming right? lol) you have to setup the iPhone and iTunes for WiFi Sync backup. The rest after that is like using the cable.

I went to iTunes and found the box. I got it synced for wireless.

But, I still can't sync the two.

It’s been awhile since I’ve done this, so I’m a lot rusty, lol. You need to go to the music subsection of your iPhone in iTunes. Select that you want it to sync everything in music or only what you’ve selected. If you select everything, then you should click sync at the bottom of iTunes where it shows your memory usage. If you only want certain songs, then select those songs and then click sync. Hopefully I’ve remembered correctly.

It’s been awhile since I’ve done this, so I’m a lot rusty, lol. You need to go to the music subsection of your iPhone in iTunes. Select that you want it to sync everything in music or only what you’ve selected. If you select everything, then you should click sync at the bottom of iTunes where it shows your memory usage. If you only want certain songs, then select those songs and then click sync. Hopefully I’ve remembered correctly.
Good to see you here again.

I got that covered.......but the problem is that I have some songs on my PC that I am trying to transfer to my phone.
It should be simple.....hook phone to pc with cable, right click on songs and send to iphone......

I can see the iphone option but when I try to send, I keep getting error messages.

Thanks though.......

I found an option to ..... cancel “Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected” and check “Manually manage music and videos”. Under Summary.

But it won't let me change the option from automatically sync to manual.

How do you charge your iPhone? The USB to ... cable your iPhone charges with is the same one it connects to the computer with to sync.