What's new

Movie play back from phone to TV problem

eddieb794

Reaction score
Need help if possible.
Bought a couple movies from Itunes. Bought a apple cable and a HDMI cable to play movies to my Samsung Plasma TV. The movies start to play on my phone. Than I get a message on the phone saying something like :Cannot play movie. You are attempting to play a protected movie to a unathorized device.:
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Eddie

eddieb794 said:
Need help if possible.
Bought a couple movies from Itunes. Bought a apple cable and a HDMI cable to play movies to my Samsung Plasma TV. The movies start to play on my phone. Than I get a message on the phone saying something like :Cannot play movie. You are attempting to play a protected movie to a unathorized device.:
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Eddie

I don't know the answer to your cable problem. But I can tell you that if you have wireless at home go out and spend the 100 bucks on Apple TV. It's the best thing I bought myself this Christmas. You can stream all your music, videos, movies, and pics right to your Tv from your iPhone and iPad without any cables. You can also get YouTube directly on the tv. It works with iTunes too. You can read your iTunes files on your tv and play music and videos from your computer.

Last edited:
I had the same thing happen with an iTunes rented movie after playing it once. After I synced to iTunes again the issue went away and hasn't shown up again. Odd.....

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

I have an apple tv and it's only 100$ and so easy to set up and use. From my iPhone 4s I can AirPlay pretty much any music photos or movies straight to my tv. Really recommend this.