What's new

Mophie Juice Pack Plus vs Milkbox??

kellie

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the Milkbox charging case for iPhone 4/4s? It is half the price and seems very similar to the Juice Pack Plus but I can't find any reviews.

why pay so much for a brand name. I paid $15 for a 2300mah battery case for my iphone 4 on Ebay and it works like a charm. Only negative thing I could say about it is that it doesn't have pass through charging. So you have to take the phone out of the case and charge them both with separate charging cables. Worth it to me though to save $40+

Has anyone heard of the Milkbox charging case for iPhone 4/4s? It is half the price and seems very similar to the Juice Pack Plus but I can't find any reviews.

I'd have to agree with the first replier, just get one off eBay. I just got an off brand on eBay for $24, which is the same capacity and less bulky than either you said, can be charged and synced in case and isnt half bad lookin.

You get what you pay for. I bet those eBay cases will fail soon. I can't find much info on Milkbox, but I've owned a few Mopie's, and they were all built well. Mophie customer support is excellent as well.

those ebay and non name brands will work great for the first couple of weeks. but those batteries will stop holding their charge and just become a case sooner or later. im actually in the market for a case battery because i find myself not near places to charge as much. but i really need the ability to charge and sync my phone without taking off the case. also some ebay ones you have to charge thru usb socket so that means i have to carry around anothe cable with is a no-no.

Thanks for Sharing your thoughts. Looked on eBay for the no-name case chargers. They are all comIng from China and Hong Kong. I don't want I wait that long for it to arrive. I need it this weekend. Also I've ordered from cellphones hop.net and items from there never last long. I've decided to give the milkbox a try even though I was unable to find reviews...big risk I know. I guess I'll get to write the first one.

Well I'll say that after about 4 months or so of using my Mophie Juicepack Plus I'm enormously happy with it and it's very easy to use and reliable.

I can't imagine using and iPhone without it if you're a high bandwidth user like I am.

I can use the GPS all day, use YouTube, Email, and Text literally non-stop and have battery life left.

Nuff said....

LDHunter said:
Well I'll say that after about 4 months or so of using my Mophie Juicepack Plus I'm enormously happy with it and it's very easy to use and reliable.

I can't imagine using and iPhone without it if you're a high bandwidth user like I am.

I can use the GPS all day, use YouTube, Email, and Text literally non-stop and have battery life left.

Nuff said....

Agreed!
I'd go for the mophie juice!

i have a generic battery case, while it can't sync via cable whats the issue? i do that via WiFi, it is charged via a mini usb socket i have dozens of these leads and chargers from various phones and devices.

it has lasted 6 months so far, with no noticeable decline in capacity. the fit to the iphone4 is very good and don't add too much to overall size.

i can charge it while off the phone, while on the phone it charges the phone or phone + battery via a slider switch selection, it also acts as an emergency battery. so if do run the phone down then i plug it into the case which then recharges it.

all that for £8 delivered - whats not to like?

Thank you for all of your input. My new pink Milkbox arrived today. Charging phone and case together now thru included micro USB. Love the size and feel of the case. We'll see how well the case works as a back up battery tomorrow. I'll be out of town with no way to charge all day. Wish me luck!

So the good news is my phone stayed powered while I was out of town yesterday. Yay!

The bad news is that the Milkbox charged my phone from 6% to 56% (while the phone was in use). It was enough but I expected more. Am I expecting too much?

The other thing is the micro USB cable is supposed to work with my USB wall plugs and it doesn't. And the micro USB stops charging when the computer it is plugged into goes to sleep. Woke up this morning expecting fully charged phone and it was only 20% charged and Milkbox had no charge.

guys i need some help. im getting a 4s to replace my 4. i want to get a new case and i want the case to have a battery. so both of these cases are good. but i really want good protection around the edges like the morphie case gives. but i am used to have otterbox cases which come with dust protectors. do any battery cases come with like headphone dust protectors?

The mophie doesn't include a headphone plug, but you can easily use a Q-tip to clean the jack.

The Milkbox does not have a dust cover for the headphone jack. The Milkbox I bought worked for about 2 1/2 weeks...then it stopped. My mophie is now on its way. Do not buy the Milkbox. I learned my lesson.