What's new

Modified my iPhone 4 case to fit 4S

Adam2k90

Reaction score
Hello,

basically my phone arrived today and my old iPhone 4 case was slightly too tight at the mute switch so to fix this I took a pair of scissors and whittled away at the opening and now my case fits a lot better. Its still a very tight fitting case ( an alternative bumper ) and I was wondering If this will wreck the buttons on my phone?

Adam

i dont think it will ruin anything. is the case pressing any of the buttons by mistake or something? if it does then you might just want to get a new case.

i dont think it will ruin anything. is the case pressing any of the buttons by mistake or something? if it does then you might just want to get a new case.

Nope it doesent press anything by accident now Ive started using it it fits great and looks sublime!

The buttons are momentary contact switches. So those are safe. Now the case could apply lateral pressure on the buttons, but the case would have to be VERY RIGID for that to happen. And I doubt the buttons would be useable if that was the case. So I am going to go with you are probably very safe.

WOW! A post pics or it didn't happen and there is NO GIRL involved!

Wow!!When did they start letting five year olds on the forum??

If you case is no design for a 4S then don't use it, don't be ship, if you happen to have the money to upgrade your phone to the best apple phone on the market, then this deserve the right case for it. Well don't take me personal is just my personal opinion, your pohone is new, it should have a new case too. Good luck with your pice of art.:)

Ok guys.... let's just keep focus on the thread and remember the rules!!!

3. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectively and thoughtfully.

kingnba6 said:
these arent personal attacks because neither of us are offended. we are just being post
thats it.

plus everybody knows that on internet fourms only the first 3 posts are related and everything else just gets off topic slowly but surely

Ok, after all it is you guys choice if you want to follow the forum rules.

I hope you get to enjoy the forum.

kingnba6 said:
its amazing how that word is only banned on this forum. its not even making a derogatory term towards anybody. it only has a negative connotation when you think of it like that.

have fun reading this. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=postwhore

its funny how you mods edit posts about words. but yet do nothing for the 4354353 threads that have already been discussed but yet all you do is tell them to search but still answer their questions.

Thanks for the link didn't even know that. Any ways I took it the other way around since it was separate. Please pm me of you have any issues or hit me on google plus.

Ok, after all it is you guys choice if you want to follow the forum rules.

I hope you get to enjoy the forum.

And he made his choice. And he is not enjoying this forum for a while.

This thread has been cleaned up ~ Stay on topic, guys and don't get personal.

If you can buy a new Iphone 4S why cant you buy a new case for it too? because if you have modified the old case, this means your old iphone is naked :p so now the old one will be without cover. I think the wise option is to go for a new case instead of old case.