What's new

Mixed feelings about IPhone

DMC

Reaction score
Hola everyone,

I am totally new to apple/Iphone products. I have had only HTC Android for years but got an Iphone 4S over the weekend. I would love to hear what people LOVE about their Iphone. I really miss Android and almost dislike the Iphone so I'm thinking I must be missing something or many things. I'm going to cruise the forums and look at what everyone has to say and give this phone a fair chance.

Did anyone else have a hard time transitioning from Android phones to Iphone?

Thank you!

DMC

I love the fact that I don't have to pull the battery on my phone every day. It is true that out of the box the iPhone can't be customized to the gills but then again neither could an android phone. Best you could get without root was a theme switcher that had a 50/50 chance of not dragging you phone into the underbelly of slow land.

I do get better battery life with my 4s than I did with my droid x2 so I am liking that better. I have push email and location services turned on. At most I'm at 40% each night when I go to bed compared to 15%-20% on the droid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hola everyone,

I am totally new to apple/Iphone products. I have had only HTC Android for years but got an Iphone 4S over the weekend. I would love to hear what people LOVE about their Iphone. I really miss Android and almost dislike the Iphone so I'm thinking I must be missing something or many things. I'm going to cruise the forums and look at what everyone has to say and give this phone a fair chance.

Thank you!

DMC
My iPhone 4S just works better for me than any of the several android devices I have owned over the years. I find that iOS is faster, smoother, has better battery life and is easier to develop for (no fragmentation). I also like the fact that the UI doesn't change drastically from one release to the next. It all comes down to what works best for you.

Moving from Android to iOS is probably one of the toughest transitions to make in cell phone history. Android has the ability replace core applications with market place apps. It has Swype. And the majority of applications are free.

I spent 14, very hardcore, months on Android. Compiled my own ROM at one point even. But at the end of the day, I still wasn't satisfied. Not because I couldn't change things. It was because I couldn't make it do what I wanted. And that was be reliable.

My iPhone, even running beta iOS, is more stable than any version of Android I have ever used (version 2.0 thru 2.3.4). It has never missed a call or text message. When I download an app, I know it will work with my device unlike Android which is sometimes hit or miss.

The iPhone has a tag line. "It just works". End of the day, that is what I needed.

... When I download an app, I know it will work with my device unlike Android which is sometimes hit or miss...
That was my biggest complaint as an android developer. I would release an app that worked on all four of my android devices but wouldn't work at all on someone else's device. There's much to be said for "it just works".

That was my biggest complaint as an android developer. I would release an app that worked on all four of my android devices but wouldn't work at all on someone else's device. There's much to be said for "it just works".

Heck, that is just the screen part of it. I have seen three different version of the SQL Lite out there and they would give back different results which would break apps.

Go Android!

It's just a matter of preference. If you're used to Android then there's a learning curve. Some things are better with an Android phone and some things are better with an iPhone. I did a long stint with Android devices and found myself always looking for the next ROM because my phone was always lacking something or behaved in an unexpected manner. I have had my iPhone 4S for about a month or so now and while things aren't perfect it is much better for me. I should say that I do use a macbook, iPod, iPad, and iPhone so in that manner everything plays nice together.

Hola everyone,

Thank you!

DMC
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure? | iPhone Unlocking Guide for Beginners
iPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Forum Rules

I should say that I do use a macbook, iPod, iPad, and iPhone so in that manner everything plays nice together.

thats one of the reasons i changed from android to my 4s,i had my mbp and ipad2 and it just made sense to switch.

It's just a matter of preference. If you're used to Android then there's a learning curve. Some things are better with an Android phone and some things are better with an iPhone. I did a long stint with Android devices and found myself always looking for the next ROM because my phone was always lacking something or behaved in an unexpected manner. I have had my iPhone 4S for about a month or so now and while things aren't perfect it is much better for me. I should say that I do use a macbook, iPod, iPad, and iPhone so in that manner everything plays nice together.
I, too, was always looking for the next ROM to be released. That is, until I learned how to make my own ROMs. The first thought that went through my mind when I bought my iPhone was "bring on the jail breaks". That was over a month ago and I'm not even planning on jailbreaking this phone because I don't feel I need it.

On a humorous note, the ROM that I created for my Evo 4G made the phone look and act like an iPhone.. and I wasn't even trying to do that.

Thanks for the relies everyone.

A big part of the problem turned out to be a glitchy phone. I was having a lot of trouble with it so I took it into Sprint this morning and they gave me a brand new replacement phone. I am still finding that phone call reception is not as good as it was with my EVO and internet connection is also not as good or consistent. All in all I like and will stick with it for my 2 year contract.

Thanks again for your inout! :)

DMC

A big part of the problem turned out to be a glitchy phone. I was having a lot of trouble with it so I took it into Sprint this morning and they gave me a brand new replacement phone. I am still finding that phone call reception is not as good as it was with my EVO and internet connection is also not as good or consistent. All in all I like and will stick with it for my 2 year contract.

DMC

Did you have the original Evo? Of all the droids I owned the original Evo was by far the best and I truly enjoyed that phone. Stupid me decided to sell it and get the Evo 3d and boy what a piece of crap phone. Even though it had dual core processor it was not nearly as enjoyable. If I had gone right from my original Evo to the iPhone I think I would have had some concerns also, thankfully though I had the Evo 3d to put a sour taste in my mouth of newer droids.

Did you have the original Evo? Of all the droids I owned the original Evo was by far the best and I truly enjoyed that phone. Stupid me decided to sell it and get the Evo 3d and boy what a piece of crap phone. Even though it had dual core processor it was not nearly as enjoyable. If I had gone right from my original Evo to the iPhone I think I would have had some concerns also, thankfully though I had the Evo 3d to put a sour taste in my mouth of newer droids.

I did have the original evo. It is an awesome phone.

Hang in there. The iPhone will grow on you. I have had mine for two months now (coming from 5 different android phones) and I dont even think about my android phones now, which are collecting dust on my desk. Yes there is a learning curve and there are some limitations with the iPhone unless you jailbreak it (jailbreak for 4s will be out shortly). But overall, with all things considered, the iPhone is a better device in my opinon. I have way better battery life, more stable system, and when I need it to work it does! That is the biggest for me. I use my phone for work as well and I absolutely have to have it working. I cannot be before a Judge and ask him to hold on while I have to pull the battery because my phone just froze...LOL

DMC said:

DMC

You do realize you cannot blame the phone for slow Internet.

Sprint has THE slowest data connection on he iPhone...and all other carriers are faster to some degree then Sprint.

Just thought is let ya know that the speed of data is all on the network....and has pretty much noting to do with the phone.

Q quick google search will show that an iPhone on Sprint is much slower then any other iPhone on a different carrier.