What's new

Might leave behind my IP4 for the HTC Desire HD

Roy_Drage

Reaction score
Am due an upgrade from t-mobile uk. Am going to pick up the HTC DESIRE HD. Initially I was just going with this phone as it's the newest and most exspensive, so I was going to put it on ebay and get as much as I could for it... and then hang on to my iPhone 4.

However i've actually just had a go of the DESIRE HD in the shop and it looks top notch.

I'm seriously considering selling my iPhone 4 instead and keeping the Desire HD.

Thoughts?

Heheh you are asking an iphone4 forum? Stick with the iPhone. I would anyway. These Droids have impressive specs but they don't have iOs. It's just certain iPhone apps that there is no android equivalent.

check the forums about the phone before you dive in. HTC has a very slick well polished android overlay and I loved it on my Incredible but I have seen some people complaining about the desire HD. Just do your homework. The sense UI is nice though.

Yeah I was asking the forums opinion. I've been here a while and was perhaps looking for someone here who has used one.

I've spent years with android. I moved from Droid over to the iPhone 4 so I'm fully aware of what they are all about. I used to be one of these people that changed phones every few months. I like gadgets lol. I miss all the rom flashing I used to do in my old Htc devices. I was a big part of the xda forum and so moving to IOS was a big change for me.

I've had this IP4 since launch and perhaps I just fancy a change.

Hmm anyway well I'll be getting the desire HD tomorrow and I'll use it over the weekend. Then I'll make my decision :)

Good luck with it. Enjoy, I hear the new sense UI is nice. From what I hear, you can pinch to see all open web tabs similar to how the home screen works.

Bye bye iPhone 4.

You have been a good friend lol

Looking forward to seeing what Apple come up with for the next iPhone now... Maybe an iPhone nano! :)

I like the big screen but apart from that I would keep the iPhone 4.

Heheh you are asking an iphone4 forum? Stick with the iPhone. I would anyway. These Droids have impressive specs but they don't have iOs. It's just certain iPhone apps that there is no android equivalent.

Actually you are right. I had a droid Incredible but it wouldn;t bookmark audio. That is why I got the iphone. As far as apps go there is not equal because apple charges for all the apps I had for free in the market. But, it's only .99 so who cares.

If it were me, I'd keep the iPhone 4. My brother had an HTC, my stepson has an HTC phone, my mother in law has one, they feel WAY too fragile. My brother dropped his from about 1.5 feet, shattered the screen, my step son did the same thing, shattered his screen. I've got an Incipio case on my iPhone 4, just covers the back and edges, front is left wide open, I was trying to prove a point to my step son, I was sitting on the couch the other night, threw my phone, bounced off the floor, hit the wall and ended up face down on the kitchen floor, picked it up, no problems, what so ever (I don't recommend doing this, or take no responsibilities if you decide to try, I was merely proving a point). I just don't like how fragile and delicate the HTC phones are, so, I'd stick with the iPhone

To play devils advocate here, although the iPhone is built like a tank, if you drop it from the same height as the HTC, the probability of the screen shattering is HIGH!

My buddy dropped his iphone the other day from about 2 feet. He picked it up in hopes that it was ok.....no chance, the screen was done.

My buddy dropped his iphone the other day from about 2 feet. He picked it up in hopes that it was ok.....no chance, the screen was done.

I dropped my iPhone countless times from waist level (pockets). My iPhone is perfectly fine with just a little chip on one corner of my border.

I dropped my phone in the hallway just outside our bedroom door, picked it up and in the process I didn't have it securely in my hand, it smashed into the wall hard enough to leave paint/sheet rock dust in the creases, works like a charm.