What's new

Microids' Amerzone Adventure Series Coming Soon for iOS

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V9M7v8qiTs&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - MICROIDS AMERZONE SERIES (TRAILER US) IPHONE IPAD APPLE AVENTURE[/ame]​

Exciting news today from Anuman Interactive for fans of classic adventure games, and in particular the fantastic word of French company Microids and Syberia game designer Benoit Sokal, as they have just announced that Amerzone, Sokal’s incredible adventure game from 12 years ago, will be released within the next few days for iOS devices. They’ve released a brand new trailer to accompany the news, and very mouthwatering it is too!

Amerzone sold over a million copies when it was launched 12 years ago, and the game’s lead designer and art director, Bonoit Sokal, then went on to create the exquisite Syberia and Syberia 2. Through his art, Sokal focuses on the adventures of the story’s protagonist and places a strong emphasis on the relationships that bind his highly original characters. Inspired by the comic strip of the same name, Amerzone sees the player take on the role of a nameless young reporter who visits an elderly explorer called Alexandre Valembois. Nearing the end of his life and wracked with guilt, Valembois entrusts the young man with the hazardous task of returning an egg that he stole 50 years earlier in the wild and uncharted country of Amerzone.

“I am delighted to see one of my creations pass from one generation to another,” said Sokal. I’m also pleased that one of my creations has found its way on to Apple’s mobile platform, which shows that the adventure game is continuing to evolve with the release of new devices. I’ve no doubt Amerzone will conquer the hearts of gamers once again.”

I’ve got no doubt either. Can’t wait! Check out the Microids Facebook page here to find out more and view some great artwork from the game: Microïds Official | Facebook

Source: Anuman Interactive