What's new

Metal Cases For Verizon Iphone

miannalfo

Reaction score
does anyone have any idea which of the metal bumpers that are out for the iphone actually fit the verizon one?

I don't think there are any, all the ones i have seen have been for the at&t phones

Did you check out the Pinlo case? It said it will fit verizon iPhone

It is to my understanding that the AT&T and Verizon iPhones are of the same outer dimensions. The only physical difference is that AT&T's phone has a sim-card slot on the side. This leads me to believe that any bumper case that fits AT&T's phone would fit on Verizon's provided that you dont mind having a cutout on the case for a sim card.

I know Case-mates makes aluminum bumper cases for both phones. I have personally tried their Jett case for the Verizon phone and it does not have a cutout for a sim card. I found that the fit was very snug. It still allowed for front and back screen protectors if you choose to use them. I did notice a drop in signal strength (one bar for cell service and slower 3G response). I dont think there is an aluminum case out there that doesnt have a decrease in signal strength although many will claim their product is the one and only that doesnt.

maxwell said:
It is to my understanding that the AT&T and Verizon iPhones are of the same outer dimensions. The only physical difference is that AT&T's phone has a sim-card slot on the side. This leads me to believe that any bumper case that fits AT&T's phone would fit on Verizon's provided that you dont mind having a cutout on the case for a sim card.

The sim card slot isn't the only physical difference. Do you notice anything different? The top is Verizon and the AT&T Is at the bottom.

This is the reason why some AT&T cases wont fit Verizons iPhone.

Attachments

• $image-977768911.jpg
    $image-977768911.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 442
iCrank said:
The sim card slot isn't the only physical difference. Do you notice anything different? The top is Verizon and the AT&T Is at the bottom.

I was only thinking the outer dimensions. Didn't dawn on me that the buttons were offset a bit. Thanks for the correction.

iCrank said:

I was only thinking the outer dimensions. Didn't dawn on me that the buttons were offset a bit. Thanks for the correction.

you're welcome. youre right the phone has the same dimensions

Crazyondigital has a good collection of iphone 4 cases that fit the verizon one, some of them are aluminum and the backs have pretty unique designs.

crazyondigital.com/smartphones-apple-iphone-4g-verizon-cases/

Last edited by a moderator:
I like my E13ctron. The make a very nice aluminum bumper style case for the iPhone 4 and recommend them highly. I have model S4 for my ATT phone. Model S4V is for the Verizon phone. Prices are good and shipping is quick. They are made here in the USA also.

You can do a search and find their web site. Also, you can do a search on Youtube and see many reviews.

bc