What's new

Messaging

Jack772

Reaction score
On my 4 how can I send a message without cost? I need to change from green to blue. How do I do that?
Thanks

On my 4 how can I send a message without cost? I need to change from green to blue. How do I do that?
Thanks
You can send a message without cost using imessage,the other person has to have an iphone too,when its imessage the bubble will be blue,if the other person does not have an iphone the bubble will be green and therefore sms.

if you txt non iphone user. then it will charged u. if an iphone user. be sure the one u txt had activate imessage or else charges apply. this need internet connection, other alternatives are viber (free) whats app (0.99) , for iphone user. for itouch use kik messenger (free)

Sent from my  iPhone 4s  using Tapatalk

if you txt non iphone user. then it will charged u. if an iphone user. be sure the one u txt had activate imessage or else charges apply. this need internet connection, other alternatives are viber (free) whats app (0.99) , for iphone user. for itouch use kik messenger (free)

Sent from my  iPhone 4s  using Tapatalk
imessage does not need an internet connection,i use it on 3g too.

Poisonivy said:
imessage does not need an internet connection,i use it on 3g too.

Is 3G not an Internet connection?

iMessage does require an Internet connection.....it needs either 3G data or wifi...and does not work through the carriers network...

If iMessage didn't need Internet to work...then you could send one with wifi and 3G/cellular data off...but you cannot...therefore concludes that iMessage needs Internet:.....not to mention it was specifically mentioned in the Apple website the iMessage must have Internet to work....and that it will not work through the carriers message network.

Is 3G not an Internet connection?

iMessage does require an Internet connection.....it needs either 3G data or wifi...and does not work through the carriers network...

If iMessage didn't need Internet to work...then you could send one with wifi and 3G/cellular data off...but you cannot...therefore concludes that iMessage needs Internet:.....not to mention it was specifically mentioned in the Apple website the iMessage must have Internet to work....and that it will not work through the carriers message network.
what i meant to say was it doesn't need wifi you can use it on 3g,but as i didn't say that then yes you are right.

Poisonivy said:
what i meant to say was it doesn't need wifi you can use it on 3g,but as i didn't say that then yes you are right.

Oh, okay.