What's new

Messages in Chinese

Stv50

Reaction score
Wife has an iPhone 6s. I have the iPhone SE. When she sends me a text message I get it fine. She sends my sister a text message (she has a Samsung phone) and when my sister gets a message it's all in Chinese like characters. Is this an iTunes problem with the phone or what. All settings on phone and iTunes are set for English.

What happens when you send a message to your sister? Should be easy to track down the phone that has the problem here. If your sister receives the same kind of thing from you, the chances are that it's her phone that has the issue.

Your wife could try turning off iMessage and sending the message as SMS to see if that makes a difference, but since there is no iPhone at the other end it really shouldn't go as an iMessage anyway.

No harm in trying just for troubleshooting though.

Yeah when I send my sister a text she gets it fine. My wife did go to the AT&T store where we got the phone. They said that apple was aware of the problem and was working on a fix. The "tech" said it is probably a mix up with the iTunes sync. Not too confident with a salesman to tech work on the side. Just thought someone in here might had come across the problem.

Sorry, don't think I can. When my sister gets a message from my wife, inside the message cloud is all the Chinese like characters. But when my sister sends a text back to the wife the message is in English.

If your provider is AT & T, that might be the reason for the Chinese text.

It seems that all phones can be affected, not only iPhone or Android. It looks like that's an encoding issue.

Can't help you with your Chinese text but you could use whatsapp free from the store to send your messages until it's sorted out.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.