What's new

Merck Manual: the Home Edition

Skimonkey

Reaction score
Merck Manual: the Home Edition

Hi Everybody,

The Merck Manual: Home Edition is available now at the AppStore. This app looks like it would be a great trade off to my hard copy version of the Merck Manual I use at my clinic. What I liked about the actual book its detailed information on medical diagnoses and treatment regimes. It truly is a great reference to have both in home as well as in the clinical setting.

Looking at the Merck Manual: Home Edition App--it looks like it will fit in my needs and lighten up what I carry out into the clinic when speaking to patients. I like the fact that this app shows detailed anatomical illustrations when providing patient education and/or informative referrals.

$image-2282398312.jpg

The Merck Manual App can also be a very useful tool in the home setting. It can provide a quick reference to information of known medical conditions, injury, treatment and evidence based research . What is great is that you can email a certain page or section to your health care provider or family member to share the info with them. This is really a plus, because the pages in book form is quite thin and flimsy. So you really have to take care when turning pages.

Because I have been a long time user of the Merck Manual in book form, I am pleased to see that there's an App for this great medical reference. Have a look and please let me know if any of you have this app already!

Thank you,

Skimonkey
IPhoneForums Moderator

Great. This is very low rate. I try to use it. But do you give me some more feathers about the apps.

Nice...surprised it is only $9.99. Wish there was a veterinary version of the app.

Great. This is very low rate. I try to use it. But do you give me some more feathers about the apps.

Thank You--I refer to this app quite a bit to reference info on my patients!

Sorry, xrayeyes--maybe the Devs will create one for veterinary medicine.