What's new

MEID locked

Alanfujii

Reaction score
not sure if this is the proper place to post but here goes

I lost my iPhone 4S last year and ordered a replacement through Verizon insurance. I notified Verizon and placed a lock on the phone. I later was selling my car and in the process of cleaning it out we found the old phone. It had a cracked screen and other issues. I sent it out to get it fixed. Long story short I replaced the screen and the logic board to a tune of $300+. When I tried to change to the iPhone I was informed by Verizon that a lock was on the phone ID. I called the insurance company and they infomred me that technically I'm suspossed to send back the lost phone if I found it. I told them what I had to do to fix it and wasn't interested in sending it back. They said that the phone ID is permantly blocked and the only way to use it now is to go to another carrier. Is there a way I can jailbeak the phone and change the MEID so I can use it with Verizon?

You can't spoof MEIDs. Most lost devices will have their ESN/IMEI/MEIDs blocked, meaning even on other carriers, you won't be able to use the phone. Basically it's an expensive paperweight or an expensive iPod Touch at this point.

You should just list it as a blacklisted iPhone, set the starting price as low as you would be willing to accept for it and then hope for the best.

You should just list it as a blacklisted iPhone, set the starting price as low as you would be willing to accept for it and then hope for the best.

This. Basically your gonna get a buyer who's looking for and iPod lol.