What's new

Megaphone amplifies the sounds from your iPhone

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
megaphoneiphoneenandis.jpg

I don’t know if you “heard” but there’s a way to increase audio from your iPhone many times over without attaching some speaker to it or other electronic device. You might wonder how an effect like that would be possible. Well, think amplifying device. So, Italian designers en&is came up with the idea of building the MegaPhone, a horn type amplifier system that promises to improve the clarity and volume of whatever is coming out of the iPhone speakers. The form is especially designed to amplify and optimize the best sound output. The amplifier is based of a thin wooden structure that even allows the object to float off the table.

You can find for the MegaPhone a vast array of uses. It looks interesting, amplifies sound and makes a fine display on the living room table. It also comes in two different colors, but the price varies: you’ll have to pay extra for the gold version, while the black and white ones are a little bit cheaper. Granted, this may seem like an awkward idea, but the beauty of design is evident. It’s interesting and clever at the same time. One of the designers Bosa Lovero said that the MegaPhone will sell for 250 Euro (about $360) which isn’t exactly the epitome of cheap but you get to have an unique hand crafted accessory. Not everybody will own such an item. Indeed, we’re not quite sure what the market will be for such devices, but in terms of sheer novelty, it’s pretty impressive.

Source: tuaw

iDan said:
I don’t know if you “heard” but there’s a way to increase audio from your iPhone many times over without attaching some speaker to it or other electronic device. You might wonder how an effect like that would be possible. Well, think amplifying device. So, Italian designers en&is came up with the idea of building the MegaPhone, a horn type amplifier system that promises to improve the clarity and volume of whatever is coming out of the iPhone speakers. The form is especially designed to amplify and optimize the best sound output. The amplifier is based of a thin wooden structure that even allows the object to float off the table.

You can find for the MegaPhone a vast array of uses. It looks interesting, amplifies sound and makes a fine display on the living room table. It also comes in two different colors, but the price varies: you’ll have to pay extra for the gold version, while the black and white ones are a little bit cheaper. Granted, this may seem like an awkward idea, but the beauty of design is evident. It’s interesting and clever at the same time. One of the designers Bosa Lovero said that the MegaPhone will sell for 250 Euro (about $360) which isn’t exactly the epitome of cheap but you get to have an unique hand crafted accessory. Not everybody will own such an item. Indeed, we’re not quite sure what the market will be for such devices, but in terms of sheer novelty, it’s pretty impressive.

Source: tuaw

They look like my first hearing aids!

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net