What's new

Massive crowds line up for iPhone 5s & 5C; Biggest Line Ever at NYC Flagship Store

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
img_5503.jpg

​
Just minutes ago, we told you that Apple had to increase production by a third for the iPhone 5s, as it is now out of stock in Apple’s own store and selling quickly at retailers, as well. And now we see pictures of eager crowds lined up to get their iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, which I hope they pre-ordered.

Today, the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c went up for sale in 11 countries across the world. As a result, crowds have started to line up in front of worldwide Apple stores. Apple's flagship Fifth Avenue store is the one where some customers have actually lined up even before the iPhones were announced, and this time it's the biggest line ever at this location.

According to Gene Munster, analyst at Piper Jaffray, another line-up record has been set at Apple’s flagship Fifth Ave store, as there were reportedly 1,417 people waiting for the new iPhones. As a matter of fact, this represents a whopping 83% increase from last year, when customers were eagerly waiting for the iPhone 5. Could the huge increase be caused by the fact that we now have two iPhones to choose from or everybody’s just mesmerized by the gold color?

Mister Munster, seems to agree that the iPhone 5s is more appealing than the 5c. In note to investors, he said:

"The vast majority of iPhone buyers in line today appeared to be waiting for the 5S vs the 5C"

But there are also customers that appreciate something else in the iPhone 5s, than just the appealing gold color. Software engineer Jose Marinez finds The Touch ID fingerprint sensor a much-needed feature:

“I have a lot of sensitive documents, and if I lost my phone, I’d be in big trouble”

What do you think about these big crowds? Are these guys just wasting their time or they’re just anxious to get the latest and greatest?

Source: TechCrunch

Last edited by a moderator: