What's new

Making the switch from android to iPhone and need a ill help

meaker

Reaction score
So finally thinking Me and my gf making the switch but need some help. We use the same computer and my itunes(music). I want be able to sync my gmail contacts to iTunes and hers to but not to mix each other contacts up. So getting my contacts to the iPhone easier. I understand we need to cloud accounts for back up but don't know if I can keep contacts separate, apps separate but same music.. Can someone shed some light to how? Thanks

I sync both my husband and my computer through iTunes. You can choose preferences and I BELIEVE it recognizes them as two separate devices. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone. If you have google accounts you can sync your phone directly to google with contacts so that wouldn't matter anyways.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

Thanks for the info. How do you sync google account with iPhone to get your contacts not just gmail?

My contacts and calendar are set up as an exchange.

Settings > mail contacts calendars > add account > exchange > enter in all your info and use m.google.com as your server.

Make sure you only sync the contacts and calendar not mail.

Hope it helps!

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

My contacts and calendar are set up as an exchange.

Settings > mail contacts calendars > add account > exchange > enter in all your info and use m.google.com as your server.

Make sure you only sync the contacts and calendar not mail.

Hope it helps!

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

Thanks that work on my gf iPad so should with a phone.

But still wonder how iTunes will work. I have iTunes on the computer and was wondering about syncing the music to a iPhone. I guess it would just let me transfer music but what happens if she wants to buy something thru iTunes on her phone. Won't it be under a different account?

yeah, Make sure you both have seperate Apple ID's or it will all get mixed up,thank you
2.gif