What's new

Mail app craahing

rdub

Reaction score
My mail app has started constantly crashing, iPhone 4 5.1.1 jb with redsnow. Is there some way of resetting the mail app with iFile or something. I don't want to loose my jb.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Anyone?

since its on 5.1.1 untethered just reboot your phone or do a hard reset.

Done that multiple times

try deleting all of your email account that you have linked to your iPhone and reinstalling them.

I've tried that too, I've tried installing mail app tweaks, reboot restart & respringing, the only thing I can think of is resetting the plist via iFile, I'm just not sure what the base mail app plist is.

• Go under settings and delete ALL your mail accounts.
  • Start iFile or login to your phone via ssh.
  • Go to /var/mobile/Library
  • DELETE the Mail directory. That's right... DELETE it entirely. It will get automatically created later.
  • Reboot your phone.
  • Go under settings and add your mail accounts.
  • The Mail App should no longer crash and work properly.

Thank you! I am trying that right now!

Works now thanks again!

Hi

I have seen this type of fix in a few places. I have done that several times but i still face the same problem. I can open the mail app. See a list of all the new emails. However I am unable to open an email or compose a new one. It just freezes and then closes. I have tried deleting all email accounts and rebooting, respringing etc. Im on iphone 4 with ios 5.1.1 (jailbroken with absinthe 2.0). I dont want to reinstall the ios cause im facing problems with shsh cause i did not save it when i jailbroke it.

Appreciate the help.

Old thread. Try not to revive them.
On the note of SHSH blobs, open up Cydia now and see what iOS is liste at the home page on Cydia

willerz2 said:
Old thread. Try not to revive them.
On the note of SHSH blobs, open up Cydia now and see what iOS is liste at the home page on Cydia

Hi.
I did on the top the last shsh is 6.0.1. Not sure if that is my fones blob or wat cydia supports.

If it is my fones blob, how do bring it back to 5.1.1 so i can restore when needed.

I didnt save my old shsh blob when i jailbroke it.

Appreciate it.