What's new

MacBook Pro.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm considering buying the 13" MacBook Pro with touch bar.....
Anyone got this and what do you think to it?

At the moment I have a late 2013 MacBook Pro.

We're all in suspense!
We are :)
One thing I have discovered is that Apple has changed the Space Grey colour, it's now more like a Gun Metal Grey and I don't much like it so if I decide to buy one it will have to be Silver again.
I have no idea why they messed with such a great colour.

Ok...
I did a complete about face, on going back in store I decided the Space Grey wasn't as dark as I first thought.
Secondly on playing with the touch bar I was not impressed, I didn't think it was worth the £300 increase for me, seems a bit of a novelty that would soon wear off.

So I came home with a 13" Space Grey MacBook Pro (no touch bar) It comes with a free 3 warranty and they threw in an adaptor for the cables and a £40 clear case for £10 so all in all a good deal.

Still boxed up right now :)

Ok...
I did a complete about face, on going back in store I decided the Space Grey wasn't as dark as I first thought.
Secondly on playing with the touch bar I was not impressed, I didn't think it was worth the £300 increase for me, seems a bit of a novelty that would soon wear off.

So I came home with a 13" Space Grey MacBook Pro (no touch bar) It comes with a free 3 warranty and they threw in an adaptor for the cables and a £40 clear case for £10 so all in all a good deal.

Still boxed up right now :)
Show us some unboxing photos.:)

Chiming in late here, but good information for anyone thinking about upgrading soon.

I got the MBP 13" without touch bar in December, and it's great. I thought long and hard about the touch bar and contemplated if the price increase was worth it. In the end, it wasn't. I also work in advertising and marketing, so I was able to chat with some co-workers that have also recently upgraded and purchased the touch bar version. The general feedback was that they weren't at all impressed with it. It's very much a gimmick.

If you're just buying it for show, then it won't matter how useful the bar is, just get, but if your plan is have a work horse, the tactility of having physical function keys and a real esc button aren't easily traded off.

The only positive feedback i heard regarding the touch bar (that could be worked into a future generation of the MBP) is the finger print sensor for changing users on the fly without having to log out user and re-log in. If you're the only person that uses your laptop, this feature is also useless to you.

I got the non touch bar MBP 13" in space grey and I have no regrets.

Last edited:
Good info, thanks guys. I didn't see the need for the touch bar, but I also have a bad habit of getting all the bells and whistles. Sounds like this is one bell and whistle I can do without.

The Apple native apps would support the Touch Bar functionality, but a lot of the non-apple software that we use in production and finishing, don't utilize the touch bar to it's full potential.

Good info, thanks guys. I didn't see the need for the touch bar, but I also have a bad habit of getting all the bells and whistles. Sounds like this is one bell and whistle I can do without.
I too like the bells and whistles as a rule but I was under whelmed when trying out the touch bar, there was no...Oh WOW!!!