What's new

LTE for verizon??

RyanC318

Reaction score
I purchased an Iphone 5 and it says to have LTE for verizon,sprint, and at&t, but my phone dose not say LTE any reply would help.

I "think" you have to be in an area that offers LTE. Currently not all areas off LTE, but if you are in an area that does offer it, the phone will automatically switch over to LTE.

I actually am in an area that has LTE and I have yet to see it on my iphone. I just replaced a Bionic and I had 4G all over, so I know I have it in this area but I don't get it and I have no idea why.

I had this same problem. Go in to settings, general and then reset. Once here click on reset your network work settings. Once done and phone reboots you should be good to go.

Those of you having 4G LTE difficulties in areas where it is a known 4G LTE in Verizon should go to a Verizon Store. Explain the issue and ask THEM to pull the Sim Card out and put it back in.

For some reason this seems to fix the issue. But do not do it yourself like I did as you may void your Apple Warranty as I probably did. I was under the instruction of a level 2 tech when this happened so I don't feel the minor cosmetic damage was my fault. What the level 2 reps should of told me to do is exactly what I'm telling you.

If you do decide to pull it yourself you will need a large paper clip to put inside the hole on the right side and pull that puppy out. I sued a letter opener.

Now I may have made the whole larger then it should be and already taken it to Verizon for repair. FIRST THING they said to me warranty is voided even thought that's apple's call not theirs.

I have secured the card now by using a small piece of clear scotch tape to hold the tray steady. It will probably be fine but if something does go wrong again, well, it will go for a swim and we will let Asurion worry about it.

Sucks because I told the tech what I was using and how difficult it was to get it out. Yet you know they will say it's my fault.

Those of you having 4G LTE difficulties in areas where it is a known 4G LTE in Verizon should go to a Verizon Store. Explain the issue and ask THEM to pull the Sim Card out and put it back in.

For some reason this seems to fix the issue. But do not do it yourself like I did as you may void your Apple Warranty as I probably did. I was under the instruction of a level 2 tech when this happened so I don't feel the minor cosmetic damage was my fault. What the level 2 reps should of told me to do is exactly what I'm telling you.

If you do decide to pull it yourself you will need a large paper clip to put inside the hole on the right side and pull that puppy out. I sued a letter opener.

Now I may have made the whole larger then it should be and already taken it to Verizon for repair. FIRST THING they said to me warranty is voided even thought that's apple's call not theirs.

I have secured the card now by using a small piece of clear scotch tape to hold the tray steady. It will probably be fine but if something does go wrong again, well, it will go for a swim and we will let Asurion worry about it.

Sucks because I told the tech what I was using and how difficult it was to get it out. Yet you know they will say it's my fault.

You should really try resetting network settings before all the hassle of going in and dealing with V. V has been having issue in activating the I5. This came from a V tech himself.

You should really try resetting network settings before all the hassle of going in and dealing with V. V has been having issue in activating the I5. This came from a V tech himself.

Problem I was having was I was not getting an activation signal from Verizon. I was getting a 3G signal, 2 bars, but no phone.

I strongly agree yours is the better solution, this is what I had to go through to make my phone work. Sorry if I added confusion.

Problem I was having was I was not getting an activation signal from Verizon. I was getting a 3G signal, 2 bars, but no phone.

I strongly agree yours is the better solution, this is what I had to go through to make my phone work. Sorry if I added confusion.

It's all good I didn't understand your problem. Your steps seemed just a little much to try to get 4G signal. Lol

I had this same problem. Go in to settings, general and then reset. Once here click on reset your network work settings. Once done and phone reboots you should be good to go.

Thanks a lot, that fixed my problem very quickly. This is my first iPhone so I was unaware you could even do that. haha

Lol this is my second I was die hard droid and only bought a 4s to jailbreak but the older I get the more my life is taken up by my 3 kids and the less I could play with my droids. I sold all my droid phones and tablets to get the i5 outright. Can't beat the stability and ease of use. Now to just sit and wait for the devs to work their magic and jailbreak.