What's new

Low-power mode bug on latest iphone update

clockelect

Reaction score
Ever since the latest update, whenever the iphone is turned off, when it is turned back on again, the phone reverts to non-low-power mode so it is necessary to change it to low-power mode every time the phone is turned back on. This did not happen before the current update. Is there a fix to this? Thanks.

Low power mode is automatically turned off when the iPhone is charged. Could this be what is happening with your iphone? Is your iPhone battery charge level above 80% when low power mode is off?

Ever since the latest update, whenever the iphone is turned off, when it is turned back on again, the phone reverts to non-low-power mode so it is necessary to change it to low-power mode every time the phone is turned back on. This did not happen before the current update. Is there a fix to this? Thanks.
Have some respect when someone is trying to help you.
We don't tolerate that kind of attitude and language here.

Low power mode is automatically turned off when the iPhone is charged. Could this be what is happening with your iphone? Is your iPhone battery charge level above 80% when low power mode is off?

Dead wrong. The 80% thing happened before this latest update. The bug where it automatically switches off the low-power mode every time you restart the phone only started happening after the latest update.

Dead wrong. The 80% thing happened before this latest update. The bug where it automatically switches off the low-power mode every time you restart the phone only started happening after the latest update.
In your first post you say it happens when you turn on your iPhone after turning it off. In your latest post you say it happens after restarting the iphone. Which one is it?

In your first post you say it happens when you turn on your iPhone after turning it off. In your latest post you say it happens after restarting the iphone. Which one is it?

i never stam restart the iphone. i always turn it off and on. when i say "restart" i actually mean turn it on after it being turned off.

i never stam restart the iphone. i always turn it off and on. when i say "restart" i actually mean turn it on after it being turned off.
I just did it with my iPhone 6 Plus and low power mode stays on. I am on iOS 12.1 beta so maybe that’s the way it’ll work when 12.1 is publicly released.

My iPhone X is running iOS 12, and Low Power Mode was still enabled after turning it off and on again. It’s still in Low Power mode after restarting.

Clockelect: Unless I missed something, which iPhone model are you using? Also I assume by latest update you do mean ios 12?

Thanks Clockelect. I do not have an SE to see if it is model specific, but hopefully someone can test your problem out on theirs.

Thanks Clockelect. I do not have an SE to see if it is model specific, but hopefully someone can test your problem out on theirs.

If someone can test it on an se and then report the results that would be great

If someone can test it on an se and then report the results that would be great
I just set "low power" mode ON and when my iphone SE, running IOS 12, is powered OFF and back ON, "low Power" mode is automatically turned OFF. I don't know what it did when I was using IOS 11.x as I never use low power mode. Not really sure what it does.