What's new

loudspeaker very quiet

chrism01767

Reaction score
hi newbie just looking for a bit of advise i have an iPhone 6 plus which is very quiet and tinny.I can hardly hear anything on youtube or playing music so decided today to take to shop and swap out the loud speaker when i returned to collect i was told it was the same he suggested swapping out the charging port which apparently the loud speaker attaches to so i agreed. an hour later phone still the same I've tried hard reset I've even dowloaded the firmware and reinstalled. If anyone could suggest anything else i could try i would be grateful as the shop is stumped as well. thank you in advance

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

Go to the Settings app, scroll to Music. There, go to Volume Limit. Make sure it's turned off (the button for the slider is at the right, the line there is completely blue). If it looks different, move the button to the right.

Also, open Control Centre (slide upwards from the bottom of your iPhone's homescreen. Slide to the left, to get Music. Make sure the volume isn't set too low.

hi thanks for the reply I've checked both those and there fine.

Silly question have you tried a different pair of headphones?

its the loudspeaker that is having trouble when someone calls i can't hear it if i receive notifications i can't hear play music youtube if put headphones in its a fine i can't walk round with headphones in all day but thanks for your input I'm at a loss as to what it can be

Same thing happens to my daughters 5s, had to replace the screen and loud speaker tried the same thing as you just mentioned but replaced the screen and viola it's all good. I thought I was extremely strange and so did the tech, but that's what we did to correct the loud speaker issue