What's new

Lost/stolen iPhone

Tricon7

Reaction score
Is there a good app that can help you locate a lost or stolen iPhone? I don't have two iPhones nor an iPad, so it would be helpful to have something I could track my lost/stolen iPhone with from, say, my Samsung laptop (if that's possible).

I saw the app "Find My iPhone" from Apple, but that requires the user to have two Apple devices - which I don't have.

Is there a good app that can help you locate a lost or stolen iPhone? I don't have two iPhones nor an iPad, so it would be helpful to have something I could track my lost/stolen iPhone with from, say, my Samsung laptop (if that's possible).

I saw the app "Find My iPhone" from Apple, but that requires the user to have two Apple devices - which I don't have.

what. you should be able to use find my iphone. I haven't heard anything about the two devices issue.

How do I use Find My iPhone to locate a lost iOS device?

To locate a lost iOS device from another device: Download the Find My iPhone app for free from the App Store and sign in.

To locate a lost iOS device from a computer: Go to http://me.com/find with a web browser (such as Safari) and sign in.

Last edited:

what. you should be able to use find my iphone. I haven't heard anything about the two devices issue.

In this scenario, what device would I use to locate a lost/stolen iPhone with? My wife's phone isn't a smartphone. We just have our laptop.

To locate a lost iOS device from another device: Download the Find My iPhone app for free from the App Store and sign in.

To locate a lost iOS device from a computer: Go to http://me.com/find with a web browser (such as Safari) and sign in.

Perfect answer...

Perfect answer...

If I have the right answers I always like to help.

Please let us know if you was able to find you phone, keep us posted.

Hi,

You will have had to set up mobile me and findmyiphone on your device before you lost it !

And you must have left location services on for it to work.

Find my iPhone will be a part of iOS 5. Mobile me is getting the axe and iCloud is taking over...

Tricon7 said:
When you say iOS 5 do you mean the iPhone 5? If not, when is that OS coming out, do you know?

No iOS 5 is the firmware not the phone itself. The official release is sometime in the fall